Thursday, August 05, 2010

 

Day 1626 - The 'Gardein' of Eden

Greetings, Bloggy Veggie-Tale-ers!

I want to talk about a new low cal product I just tried; Gardein meat-free buffalo wings.

http://www.gardein.com/

One bag is 2.5 servings. I ate the whole bag, and that was only 225 calories, not counting the splash of olive oil I put in the frying pan. Low in fat, huge in the protein category.

I didn't use the buffalo wing sauce that comes with them, I just sprinkled cajun seasoning on them while I was cooking them. I like dry rub on wings, NOT that gooey sauce.

They were one of the best 'tastes like chicken' products I have ever tasted. Maybe THE best. I gave a bite to Charlie, who said 'If you hadn't told me, I might not have known'.

No, I am not a vegetarian. Anyone who knows me knows that Prime Rib and Lobster are two of my favorite foods.

I am closer to a career dieter. Some people make New Years resolutions to change jobs, become more happy, learn to paint, get married, etc.

My New Years Resolution might well have been 'Achieve my target BMI this year'.

I have a sign on my fridge that says 'Not afraid of heights. Afraid of WIDTHS'. I love that!

Anyway - thought you'd be interested in my product endorsement. Opinions are free. TTFN!

Comments:
Hey Karen! I noticed you are thinking about changing the name of the blog...coming from the land of chronic unemployment - one of the highest in the country right now - i think it is still a really good name for a blog.
I got some chikn' patties (not made of chicken) and since I am a vegetarian, they taste SO much like a fried chicken patty that I can't eat them. They make me feel kind of sick. I never lost my taste for breakfast sausage, so Morning Star makes a great fake sausage.
Reading back in the blog, I have to say that the NY System Hot Weieners have all this ground seasoned meat, chopped onions, mustard and saur kraut and all kinds of stuff, and the guy fixes 6 or more at a time by placing them up his hairy sweaty arm in the buns and slopping on the stuff. Then into the wrap. Now thats gross. Ew. I personally have never eaten one. But hey, you gotta love RI. Del's Frozen Lemonade, Iggy's Clam Cakes and Chowda. Not to mention my favorite Middle of Nowhere Diner - best fried clams I ever ate. And the place is right where it says it is. Awesome.
 
Sounds like something I would like to try, Karen. I'm always looking for something new to eat instead of same old, same old!

How nice to hear from you, Lyn!!! I agree that re-employed and bloggin-in is about as good as it gets!

It's even 90 degrees here!
 
Sounds good, Karen--I'll try it. My latest healthy move is to eat yogurt & granola or a high fiber cereal for breakfast instead of a reduced fat muffin or scone at Peet's or Starbucks (I do have a heatlthy nonfat latte). My doctor and my gym trainer keep reminding me that muffins and scones are wasted calories.
Now I want to try a NY System Hot Weiner which I have never even heard of, much less eaten. I do eat a hot dog once in a while.

We are freezing in SF-cold fog,fog fog. Very cool summer this year. I would like a 90 degree day once in a while.
 
OMG Lyn, I so want a gagger now!!! Gimme that sweaty armpit ANYDAY! Delish! mmmm, I can smell em now. For those who enjoy the weiners minus the pit, they DO sell the seasoning in various markets so you can make it yourself. Could even use one of those fake meat substitutions in THOSE along w/ a fake dog and you are set. Gaggers, vegetarian style. =)
 
I'm right there with you, Heather! Give me those gaggers!

One thing I forgot to mention on that blog: If you eat gaggers late in the evening (or after midnight), you will still smell like them (noticeably) the next day. BUSTED.

The chili sauce and onions get into your sweat glands!

Lets get some in September when I'm there. xxxx
 
YES! LETS!!! =)
 
Me too, then we will all smell the same! 3 gagger ladies!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?