Sunday, August 01, 2010

 

Day 1622 - August is here!!!

Greetings, Blogregation -

Happy Birthday, Brudda-in-law Steve! Do something fun today!

It's Sunday AND it's August the One-th. I decided to put a photo of ice cream on the blog today, because August is HOT and ice cream is COLD!

As seen on a church sign nearby - 'Does your house have prayer-conditioning?'

Have I mentioned that some of the schools here have already gone back? IT'S SO EARLY!!!

I drove to work the other day, and some kids were standing outside waiting for the bus, and other parents and kids were sitting in their cars at the end of their driveways. Like I said... IT'S SO EARLY!!!

Completely changing subjects - I am watching 'The Best Thing I Ever Ate' on the Food Channel, and guess what? The last 3 dishes were some of MY favorites!!

The show featured Guy Fieri talking about the NY System hot weiners in Providence, RI. Locals call them 'gaggers', and they are to die for. (Side note - I don't know whether or not to tell this story, but here goes...I had someone tell me once he'd pay for mine if I would let him watch me eat them. I did not take him up on the offer. I know that's totally crude but it's a true story.)

Then another chef talked about Grilled Oysters. His faves were from a place in New Orleans, but I get them in Franklin at the Cajun Steamer restaurant. Oysters cooked in the shell on the grill are AWESOME. As I write this, they are talking about grilled lamb - and if you THINK you like lamb, you will LOVE lamb done on the grill. It is my favorite way to cook lamb.

Well, this is getting long, so Happy August and TTFN!

Comments:
Happy Birthday, Steve!
Hilarious story about the dogs--'nuff said!
I wasn't hungry before but am now, Karen! Barbecued Tomales Bay (California) oysters are fabulous, particularly if one is eating them on the shore of Tomales Bay. A dumb question--is barbecued the same as grilled?
There are so many food shows on now--my plan when I move to Maine is to brush up (ok, re-learn, and expand) on my cooking skills and should be able to do that by watching the cooking shows. I'm not going to even try to compete with your mother on down home Maine cooking.
 
happy birthday Steve!!
We had another perfect day at the beach. Now we are all pooped and ready for bed. Wish tomorrow wasn't Monday. =(
 
Hi Nancy -

I'll bet barbequed oysters are the same thing as grilled - they are done over a flame on a super hot grill so they have a smoky, exceptional flavor!

OMIGOSH I want some!
 
I just called to wish Steve a Happy Birthday and he is headed to bed early--now that's a nice B-day present! I sent him a book on Steinbrenner for his birthday which he liked very much.

New York System hot weiners are like nothing else ever created. Your breath won't be the same for awhile! Nancy, How great those barbecued Tomales Bay oysters sound! Another nice taste is steamed mussels that we have in Prince Edward Island--much better than ones I've had in Maine and in RI, and much smaller.

Heather you have such nice weekends--I'm so glad!

Gil and I took a nice ride up to Upton(Maine) and Errol,NH, and back home through Berlin, NH, Gorham, and Bethel, stopping for a picnic at Umbagog Lake (Karen, you went there once with us, but not the same place we had our picnic lunch).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?