Friday, July 30, 2010

 

Day 1620 - Phantom Friday


Greetings, Bloggy Phantoms -

It's Friday, Hooray!

You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Phan-tom! Fri-day! Phan-tom!'

I watched the 2004 movie rendition of 'The Phantom of the Opera' last night that I ordered from Netflix. It was actually very good - better than I expected.

Gerard Butler (of all people!) played the Phantom, and he was wonderful, in addition to being handsome. Emmy Rossum was Christine, and she was also wonderful.

There's a scene set in a cemetery where Christine's father is buried, and Raoul and the phantom have a sword fight.

If you ever watch this movie - pay close attention to the cemetery. The cemetery statuettes are AWE inspiring. Breathtaking.

Did I mention recently that Charlie and I saw the non-musical version of 'Les Miserables' with Uma Thurman? It was also excellent - even Charlie enjoyed it, because it wasn't a musical!

I'm going out to lunch with the gals from work. We are going to the 'Calypso Cafe' - isn't that a great name? They have very healthy, island-style food. Can't wait!

http://www.calypsocafe.com/

Have a nice weekend everyone! TTFN!

Comments:
Les Mis WITHOUT THE MUSIC??? That should be illegal. lol! That is my FAVORITE forever, as you know.

Beachin it all weekend, as usual. Tomorrow with Savi, my friend Joan and her stepson. Sunday with Savi, Evan and possibly Jen with my friends at Scarborough for a CLAM BOIL. YUMMY! They do a big clam/lobster boil at the end of the summer, too. =) Mike is away at a show in PA so its just the girls, as usual. =)(oh, and Evan...lol!)
 
Sounds like a great weekend, Heather. Enjoy.
 
Everyone - have a great weekend!

Tomorrow I have water aerobics, then need to work a little, then getting my hair highlighted!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?