Thursday, July 29, 2010

 

Day 1619 - It's a bird, it's a plane, it's... Sasquatch?

Greetings, Bloggy Sleepwalkers!

I've been meaning to show you the latest innovation in sleeping bags, I've been saving this photo as a reminder to talk about it one day. One day is HERE.

I'm telling you - if Charlie saw someone in one of these things 'ambulating' toward him - that sleepwalker might not make it till morning.

Yes, I know the photo has a funny margin showing - I didn't crop it well enough. Sorry about that.

For us OLDER folks, it reminded me of the days when females could not wear slacks to school, and girls were always worried their slip was showing.

We'd crane our necks till they hurt, trying to look in back of us to see if there was even a hint of white at the bottom of the skirt. (No, slips didn't come in a million colors then either.) If your slip was too long, you would try to gather it up and tuck it into your... unmentionables.

And even earlier than that? Why, there were petticoats, which were one of the scratchiest, most uncomfortable inventions EVER. Don't you agree?

So what do you think, folks? Would you buy one of these walking sleeping bag things? Let's just call it the 'Yeti Bedi'... Ha!

Disclaimer - No chemicals or alcoholic beverages contributed to this rather insane blog. I might have overdosed on Chinese food - does soy sauce have alcohol in it?

TTFN and have a nice Thursday!

Comments:
HAAAA! YETI BEDI! That's perfect. I would not buy one of these scary things..funny!
 
I probably wouldn't buy one, but it would help with my claustrophobic reaction when I use sleeping bags. I can't stand it that I can't curl my legs up into a fetal position, or spread my legs apart. Its too confining for me, and when we camp I use sheets and blankets.
 
This would be warmer than a sleeping bag, bur I might feel claustrophobic in it. My sleeping bag/tent days are over, I've moved into the cabin category.
 
We'll remember yeti bedi long after the picture is gone from our minds, at least I hope it goes away soon!

And I do remember the days of slips and petticoats (the latter very scratchy!) Today's nemesis is pointy shoes, ouch!

Nancy, I guess I am to bring sheets and a blanket to FB for you, not a sleeping bag! I liked your comment on yesterday's blog that Karen's blog made you want to go for lunch. I didn't even get to the blog yesterday.

We had a great lobster and blueberry pie supper with Mary Ann and Doug.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?