Monday, July 26, 2010

 

Day 1616 - Monday, Monday...


Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

Here's our darling girl Savi with the stuffed animal she got 4th of July weekend.

I am taking the morning off from work today to go to a followup doctors appt (meaning it could take a while to do a lab, see the doctor, visit, etc).

I'll see my 'old' water aerobics buddies too before I leave the pool for my appointment. I miss all the 'morning' people now that I am working out in the afternoons.

Speaking of afternoon - yesterday afternoon Charlie and I went to check out the 'Amish Country Market' in Nolensville, TN. One of my water aerobics instructors had told me about it on Friday.

They sell various items (breads, jams, cheeses) - some Amish, some not, mainly from Tennessee. They also have some deli meats and sausage, etc.

Compared to the 'real thing' in Ethridge, it didn't thrill us too much. However, I can certainly see the appeal given the location, and the prices weren't too outrageous. Take a look if you are interested. We bought 2 peach fried pies (they were not anywhere near as good the freshly made ones we get in Ethridge and cost twice as much) and some veggie chips.

http://www.nolensvillefeedmill.com/

I saw two thermometers yesterday as Charlie and I were taking that drive. One said 99 and one said 98. We stopped at Sonic for ice cream (I had a float and Charlie had a shake).

We did buy a new weather station for the house yesterday, and as I am writing this it is 94 degrees. The weather station has a forecast icon, indoor and outdoor temp and humidity, time and date, and barometric pressure.

Have a great Monday, and TTFN!

Comments:
Oh, what a darling picture of Savi! Aunt Peggy brought me a copy today of one she took of Savi at Fay and Rusty's--it's great! You can see it when we go to FB.

I remember going with you to Ethridge--so many good things to see and to eat!

Well, we had 15 members of the Goodwill Fellowship here today for our monthly mtg--hamburg, hot dots (skillfully cooked by Gil), 3 salads, potato, jello with pineapple,cherries and sherbert, and a garden salad, plus dessert of watermelon, brownies, gingersnap cookies (both homemade), and Klondike ice cream bars. And swimming. In addition to the Fellowship ladies, Gil, Brenda and Uncle Joe also here for lunch. A really good time!

Steve was discharged last night from the hospital and they are travelling home as we speak. That's good news!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?