Thursday, July 22, 2010

 

Day 1612 - On Blueberry Hill...


Greetings, Bloggy Short Stackers!

Here's a luscious photo of a stack of blueberry pancakes.

Guess what?

After having a catered lunch, popcorn and cake yesterday, we're having a blueberry pancake breakfast today at work. Great timing.

How am I ever going to lose any weight when we have food events nearly every day? That may end up being my only meal of the day.

We were all encouraged to sign up to bring stuff - pancake mix, syrup, butter, breakfast meat, etc.

I am bringing both sausage and ham, and can't wait to have some! I had just signed up for sausage, then I remembered I had an unopened spiral ham in the freezer that I bought on sale at Christmas. (yes, go back to Christmastime if you want to read about my great deal on spiral honey ham)

Since Charlie and I are watching our salt intake, we don't eat much ham anymore. What better time to put it to good use - feeding a bunch of hungry programmers? (like ME) I have already taken the ham apart, cut the slices into serving-sized pieces, and sprinkled it with honey ham glaze.

Charlie has loaded 2 crock pots into the car - one to keep the sausage warm, and one to keep the ham warm. The sausage I bought is already fully cooked, just heat and eat.

TTFN and I know the rest of you will head to IHOP or Cracker Barrel for pancakes!

Comments:
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!
Mike's aunt's wake was yesterday, funeral was today. His uncle made the most heart wrenching speech talking about how they met and fell in love. He threw a ton of jokes in there too but it still had everyone bawling straight through. There was a nice lunch at Nino's on the water afterwards, and now we are home. Thinking about heading to the park to enjoy the last hours of the day with my baby!
Thank you Grammy for your card. It arrived today. xoxo
 
What a feast!

Heather, Thanks for letting us know about how the funeral for Mike's aunt went. Very sad, but good to hear her husband looking at the good times. Glad the card arrived in a timely manner.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?