Tuesday, July 13, 2010

 

Day 1603 - Dee Fence! Dee Fence!


Greetings, Bloggy Fencers!

This is a little hard to explain, but Charlie and I are wondering what could be so special about the CORNER of a fence?

We pass a pasture daily that has two HUGE, beautiful work horses in it. We've watched them since they were young. They are tan with cream colored manes and tails, and I believe they are twins.

Many times the two horses are standing still, end to end, along the two corner rails of the fence - looking out as if to say 'I am guarding this corner, and nobody is coming in!'

Day after day, they stand there and guard the corner of the field, occasionally leaving the corner for grazing, but usually just standing still, looking out.

Sometimes though, I imagine they're not guarding those positions at all, that instead they're mad at each other.

If that is the case then they're saying to each other 'I'm sick of you! I'm never looking at you again! You just go ahead and face that way, and I'll face the other way, and I'm not talking to you either! And don't touch me either! And don't send your flies over here either!'

That is a lot more funny than the strong and silent guardian story, isn't it?

TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
Such an imagination! Keeps life interesting, doesn't it? I love to look at horses in the fields when we are driving--so majestic.

Great pictures on Heather's up-dated flickr site!
 
Hi all!! Savi has had a stomach bug since yesterday. Poor thing. seems to be feeling a bit better today, but not completely. Today is Mike's bday =) We will be going out for dinner to Wright's Farm thursday to celebrate. Yum =)
 
Happy Birthday, Mike!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?