Saturday, July 10, 2010

 

Day 1600 - The Chicken Who Was Run Over By a Watermelon


Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

I got ya on the title, didn't I? And what a nice number - 1600 days of blogging, readers!

YES, I have a real story about a chicken getting run over by a watermelon. It did happen.

However, it was not a live chicken, it was our rotisserie chicken, and a BIG watermelon. I had just bought them at Sams, and neglected to think that a watermelon could ROLL in the trunk of the car.

I was driving home (late) from work yesterday, after having stopped at Sams Club and picking up a few things ($37 is only a few things).

I went up a hill, or had to accelerate sharply, or SOMETHING, when all of a sudden I heard a sickening crack and crunch from a container that looked JUST like the one in the photo. For the rest of the drive home, I imagined chicken grease leaking all over the trunk of the car. There were a few other cracking noises at other lights I needed to stop at.

The good news - when I got home, the container was not leaking. Word to the wise - secure your watermelons for the safety of your chicken.

Have a nice Saturday!

Comments:
hahaha!!!!!!! Oh Mamma, you are silly!
We are off to the beach today. Leaving shortly. Taking Jen, Niko and my friend Joan too. Might have a few other people come by there today too. It's gonna be a beach party! I'll get some pics up later today =)
 
After 1600 days of blogging, I just say whatever comes to mind that day or has happened! Have a great day at the beach.

Water aerobics is the closest I'll get to the beach!

xxx
 
That's a funny story, Karen. It could happen to me, so thanks for the word to the wise!

Have fun Heather, Savi, Jen and friends!
 
Hopefully, Mamma, when you guys come in August/September, we will have nice weather for the beach. I've taken off that Thursday so far and my boss is trying to find someone to take my Friday, though there are already 3 people off that day, so it'll probably be a work day for me. I will be off early on Wed. too when you guys arrive =) So plan for the beach sometime then. Today was ok. Not as perfect as usual due to the storms. Last night's rain kicked up a lot of seaweed and it rained off and on for the first couple hours we were there. after that it was beautiful!
 
Heather, how far are you from the beach?
 
Yes! If the weather suits, I'd love to go to the beach.

We had a thunderstorm this afternoon - any rain is needed here, it's been dry since the FLOOD!

And I'm glad you've got Thursday off, even if you need to work on Friday. No worries! xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?