Monday, July 05, 2010

 

Day 1595 - Theres a Song in My Heart - Right Next to My Pacemaker

Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

It's the final day of the long weekend. Has your holiday weekend been everything you'd hoped for? Ours has!

We had a great time at Buddy Joes last night - and fabulous food.

We left at 9pm, and watched various fireworks displays from the highway all the way home! Awesome!

I have a funny story from yesterday...

Some of the music I've been listening to lately isn't in English. I like that, because I don't know what they're saying and the lyrics don't annoy me. It also gives me creative license to MAKE UP what they're singing about.

Yesterday was 'Music from the Geriatric Songwriters Guild':

#1 Hit Song - I have a broken heart and a kidney stone.

#2 Hit Song - Just you, me, and that little blue pill makes three.

#3 Hit Song - I'll share my heart and my medication with you.

#4 Hit Song - She's in heaven now, but I think of her when I cash her social security check.

Enjoy the holiday - 'cause it's back to work tomorrow!

Comments:
Those were REAL SONGS??? I need to hear them! That is hysterical!

Well, we had a nice weekend, now it's time to head back home. =( Grammy is making pancakes for breakfast, and after that we will pack up and head out.

Thanks everyone for such a nice time!
 
We watched the fireworks in Hyannis. There were some that looked like weeping willow trees, that were very good. Finally am off the island for a couple days.
 
Hi Heather - NO!! I made up those songs, as well as the 'Geriatric Songwriters Guild'. Sorry for not making that clear! xxx
 
Those are great Mamma! Make up some lyrics and publish those! LOL!!
Made it home after a 6 hour drive. There was lots of traffic so Evan, Savi and I took a drive to Kittery Malls and walked around for a little bit at the trading post. When we got back on the highway, most of the traffic had passed. Back to work tomorrow!
 
Hi Everyone! It's me checking in after a wonderful 4th of July weekend. It's so quiet without Heather, Savi, and Evan. I wanted to cry when they left! Different family members said how well behaved Savi is and what a wonderful job Heather has done raising her. It's true we never heard her cry at either family gathering. Just a few "No"'s this morning! She is such a sweetheart. and so are Heather and Evan!

Another mini family gathering this noon and afternoon until 3:30--all of us regulars, plus Mary Ann, Nancy, Martha, Doug, Al and Dotty. Mary Ann had the kids overnight, then made their lunches and brought them back here so they could swim (we all swam), and Al and Dotty came a little later. Dotty was interested in seeing your new hair growing in!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?