Tuesday, June 29, 2010

 

Day 1589 - Gumbo-licious!


Greetings, Bloggy Gumbo-daciousness!

I'm sorry to go on and on about it, but I LOVE Papa Boudreaux's gumbo.

It looks a lot like this photo I stole from the internet, except a MUCH BIGGER bowl and portion, and there needs to be green onions sprinkled on top, and crusty sourdough bread on the side, and the tails don't belong on the shrimp, and and and.

I LOVE ME SOME GUMBO.

I was lucky enough to go to Papa B's last night with a colleague from work who had never been there.

He really liked the place, and said it was the best meal he'd had in a Cajun restaurant since the 1980's.

I don't think you could ask for a better endorsement than that, could you?

By the way - I ALSO had 2 pieces of friend catfish, one of them topped with crawfish etouffee', and I ALSO had a bowl of shrimp 'n grits. Heaven help me digest.

Will I ever eat again? I think so... I think so...

Comments:
Dave, Steph, Emily, Allie and Tim arrived in Portland right on time today! Then we rented a car for Dave, then went to Cole Farm's for lunch. Now we are lounging around, and Tim is in the pool. How wonderful to have them here!

Karen, how interesting you featured soup today because I made Venus deMilo soup yesterday, just to have some on hand for company. I also made potato salad, and have stuff for sandwiches tonight and tomorrow, and hamburgs and hot dogs (red ones, of course )for tomorrow night.

Actually we'll be leaving Dave and family alone here tomorrow while we go to Boston on the "Downeaster" train to visit Gil's granddaughter and husband while they are in the city for a few days. Busy, busy!

How beautiful yesterday's photo of Savi is!
 
ooooooooh, that's right. You have a POOL!!!
Wish you were going Mamma! =(
 
ooooooooh, that's right. You have a POOL!!!
Wish you were going Mamma! =(
 
We will miss Karen and Evan! So glad Dave's family arrived without delay and are enjoying the pool. See you all soon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?