Sunday, June 27, 2010

 

Day 1587 - Lost in Memory AND in Space!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Sorry - this is Sundays blog but it is published a day early. My fault. Please scroll down to see Saturdays blog, and read them both. Oops!

You know what I did Friday night?

I watched the first 2 episodes of the original 'Lost in Space' show from 1965. I used to love that show. I rented (from Netflix) Disc 1 of the very first season.

I didn't even realize it was in black and white, I thought it was just because we had a black and white TV!

Anyway - I didn't remember as much about the show as I thought I did.

I didn't remember the name of the ship (the Jupiter II), the ridiculous balloon like thing that was a sophisticated system, and that poor, delicate Mom fainted about once an episode so that Dad could gather her in his arms and gaze at her lovingly. Aaaawwww....

I also didn't remember that Dr. Smith (who I did remember as a conniving, whining menace) tried to kill them all in the first episode before he got stranded aboard! Sorry if that was a spoiler for anyone...

I don't believe I'll rent the other 8 or 10 discs, but it WAS fun to see the original episodes, however hokey they may be. I do want to find the disc where Billy Mumy got to go back to earth briefly - that was my favorite episode.

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Happy End of Sunday! Savi and I spent most of the day at Jen's Mom's house for Jen's 2nd grad party. It was nice and Savi had a great time playing with all of Jen's cousins. She also played with a cute 3 year old boy who, after a couple hours of coaxing, announced to everyone, "Savannah wants to play with me!!!!" It was hilarious. He was SO happy that she finally WANTED to, not just tolerated him trying to play with HER. SO cute!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?