Saturday, June 26, 2010

 

Day 1586 - In Memory of Ray! We love you!


Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Today is the one year anniversary of our dear 'Uncle Rays' passing.

He is missed every single day by his friends and family.

Ray was just one of those people that everyone loved, and there aren't enough people like that in the world.

Here's a picture of Ray and Heather that I especially love. He always wore that particular shirt as a 'dress up' shirt.

I told his wife, my Aunt Mary Ann, that no sympathy card was good enough, or said enough, to be a comfort in the loss of a person like Ray.

I still believe that, though I found one that said 'Your loss is OUR loss'. That much is true.

We love you Ray! Hope you're watching out for us up there!

p.s. Somehow I screwed up my postings and you might see Sunday already. Sorry about that - you can just read the blog for all weekend and I'll catch you on Monday! TTFN!

Comments:
I love that photo of Heather and Ray! I left a message for Mary Ann last night but haven't heard from her today. Such a sad sad anniversary date of Ray's death. The memoriam in the paper said it best: "There are some who bring a light so great to the world that even after they are gone, the light remains..." This is from Mary Ann and all of the family. If you are reading this, Mary Ann, we all send our love and heartfelt sympathy. We miss Ray every day!
 
I can't believe it's been a year already. He truely was one amazing man!

Savi and I spent another super fun day at the beach. We went to a different one this time, just a bit further up the road from Scarborough. This was Sandy Hill Cove Beach, and its a family beach. They have a small playground and the waves are much much smaller. The beach itself is too. It's kind of cut into sections by rows of large rocks, and it didn't get very busy. We spent most of the day sitting in the water building sand castles, and the rest of the time collecting shells =) I will wash them good and make a little vase decoration with our beach treasures.
 
Heather -

That beach sounds wonderful! xx

I fixed your duplicate comment, guess it's Friday the 13th for blog related stuff, eh?

I'm making another vat of squash casserole, but going out the door to the dump before it closes.

Going to the dump is a good RAY activity, isn't it?

LOVE YOU RAY!!!!
 
Thanks for the beautiful tribute. Grandson Alex and friend took Mary Ann golfing this morning and nephew Jimmy and Amy are having a cookout for Mary Ann! She is happy for all of the love and support. Today I'm doing my usual mix of tears and smiles for my brother and buddy. Yes Karen a trip to the dump is so Ray!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?