Thursday, June 24, 2010

 

Day 1584 - Charge... No, Don't Charge!


Greetings, Bloggy Chargers -

You think I'm talking about credit cards, don't you?

Nope, although I used my credit card yesterday to gas up my car at Sams Club. I noticed that all over town, gas has jumped up a DIME a gallon. That's a pretty big jump, dontcha think?

Sams was $2.53, and lots of stations are at $2.79 right now. Sheesh.

But I digress -

What I intended to talk about are those people who 'charge' you by pulling out of a side street or practically driving into the main road without yielding to YOU, the safe driver expecting to have the right of way.

A very aggressive technique used by bad drivers who are always in a hurry, and a very frightening and maddening experience for the driver getting 'charged'.

Yesterday, I had a guy charge out of a side street before I was even past him! I swerved around him as he shot out, then watched him change lanes, run a red light, pass me, and then turn right. He was leaning way over in his seat, and talking on the phone, and driving as fast and recklessly as he could go.

I always take a few seconds and repeat the license plate a few times in my head, AS IF I had any way to vent my frustration. Then I promptly forget it.

Sometimes I wish I had taken the time to create a 'Rat' blog where people comment and just TELL ON other people. I think they could have a whole talk radio show called 'Rat Radio' where people call in, tell things about people, places or things, and then talk about it.

Well - I just Ratted out Mr. Charger, so there.

Care to join me? Who are YOU going to Rat on?

Comments:
I think that is a great idea! Make a blog where we can rat out bad license plates or vehicle descriptions. Who doesn't love to complain about terrible drivers????
 
Kelly almost got creamed by someone who just charged out of a side street without stopping. And the other day we got driven off the road by a car that came into our lane and didn't move over.
 
My first husband was injured when someone broadsided him from a side street. He wore a brace and couldn't go skiing so that's why we started hanging out together. Anyway, he filed suit, the attorney had difficulty finding the driver, and it turned out that he was electrocuted while stealing cables from the electric company!
 
Today I saw someone almost run into the rear end of another car. The car in front was just waiting for the light to change, and the guy in BACK OF HIM wanted to jump the light?! What is UP with THAT?
 
You've said it all! Is there a number to report these kind of driver's?

Have had such a good time here visiting with Lyn and Steve, Evan, Heather and Savi, and friends, now it's back to Maine tomorrow morning after breakfast in Attleboro with a couple more friends on my way out of town. Gil is waiting!

Congratulations to Will on his graduation day!

And what a cute picture of Savi! Tonight her little friend, Jadelynn was visiting on her 1st birthday! Happy 1st birthday, Jadelynn! I think everyone in the family plus Cheryl reading the blog knows this is Steve's granddaughter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?