Tuesday, June 22, 2010

 

Day 1582 - Hey, Honey!!


Greetings, Sweetie Pies!

DO YOU SEE WHAT IS ON THE TABLE IN OUR DINING ROOM?

Are you sitting down?

I am overjoyed to tell you that this is the very first honey EVER from Charlie's beehives! The very same hives that nearly got swept away in the flood in May.

In addition to the honey - check out the most bodacious summer squash you ever saw!

I just wish you could have seen how THRILLED Charlie and I were yesterday, finally getting honey from the hives after THREE YEARS. I called the next door neighbor and she was the first recipient of some of this beautiful, light colored, golden honey.

I want to say for the record that Charlie did ALL the work himself with those bees and extracting the honey. I can't take credit for anything except having the jars around the house and EATING SOME OF IT as soon as I got home.

GOOD JOB, Charlie! I'm so proud of you and your bees!

Comments:
Wow, that is a TON of honey! Yay Charlie and the bees! Do you have to do anything to honey to make it taste right or is it perfect right off the honeycomb?
 
Eating local honey helps with allergies, I've heard.
 
You have every right to BEE proud--did you say to Charlie, awesome, HONEY? Great job, Charlie--I'm sure it is a lot of work and many stings!
Will any of it make the trip to Maine in August (if it even lasts that long!)?
 
Congratulations, Charlie--we are very impressed; and yes, we hope some honey will make it to Maine in August with your Honey!

I've been so busy, first on Nantucket over the weekend (a wonderful time and a very impressive organ postlude on Sunday by Marcia, and her Women's Chorus sang some very entertaining songs! Today Lyn and I shopped, then Steve met us at Olive Garden for a late lunch, early supper. Yumm! Tomorrow Heather and Savi and Evan will be over--so looking forward to their visit! Wish you were here, Karen! (Charlie, too, and Gil, too!)
 
Thanks, everyone! Charlie is very happy, and all his equipment to collect and filter the honey worked well.

Heather - honey itself is one of the very few things that is pure right out of the hive, but it does need to be filtered.

It is SOOO mild and good! xxx
 
yum! Savi wants some ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?