Monday, June 21, 2010

 

Day 1581 - Monday, Monday...


Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers -

It's the first day of summer, you know - Happy Summer!

Of course, it's felt like summer for a month here, but now it's official.

Here's another adorable photo of Miss Savi Lynn at the beach. She has some little grains of sand on her forehead. Sand just makes her cuter.

Changing subjects: Aunt Nancy had asked about squash casserole.

Summer squash casserole is a side dish that is baked in the oven.

Squash casserole contains yellow squash (or a mix of yellow squash and zucchini), onion, sometimes other vegetables (I threw in some mushrooms and grated 2 carrots), a couple of eggs, sometimes a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I used a can of broccoli cheese), breadcrumbs or stuffing mix, and sometimes shredded cheese.

You mix all that stuff together and bake it, kind of like a vegetable quiche but without a crust. I made a lasagna pan full of it, so we could eat some and freeze some. I don't have a specific recipe, I just read several recipes and improvised.

Have a nice Monday, and Happy Summer!

Comments:
Sounds great to me. I'm printing it for my recipe collection for my retirement when I will be forced to cook.

Savi the Thinker. How cute.
 
She is such a ham!
Sorry Mom, that still sounds icky to me! LOL

Started my 'Shape up RI' diet today. Me & the Doc I work with and a couple other coworkers signed up for the Shape up RI 12 week challenge thing. Should be fun and HOPEFULLY I can lose some or ALL of this 20 lbs I gained over the winter. Ugh...gross. =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?