Tuesday, June 15, 2010

 

Day 1575 - Here, Kitty Kitty!


Greetings, Bloggy Feline Followers!

Our friends TY and SY were telling me about a recent litter of kittens (and their mama) living nearby in a drain pipe.

The kittens were born right around the time of the flood, and they are doing fine.

That reminded me of a cat we had years ago. She had her litter of kittens right next to my son, sleeping in his bed. That is trust for you!

Evan woke up the next morning and found all the new occupants right next to his head. He hollered 'Mom! Mom! The cat had her kittens in my bed! The cat had her kittens in my bed! Mom! Mom! The cat had her kittens in my bed! The cat had her kittens in my bed!'

No - we didn't allow her to KEEP the kittens in the bed, we moved her and the kittens into a box in the closet, so I could clean up the bed and wash the sheets.

I don't know why I felt like telling that story, but it's a true one.

TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
=) kittens!!
 
I don't remember hearing that story but I can just imagine Evan's excitement (horror?). We were watching the Republican or Democratic National Convention in 1968, when lo and behold our cat, Percival (Lady, that is) had her kittens in the kitchen right at my feet, despite our preparing a nice box in the closet--a nice maternity ward, we thought. Nope, she picked the brightly lit and noisy kitchen! Do you remember that, Karen, Marcia or Lyn?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?