Monday, June 07, 2010

 

Day 1567 - Cardinal Knowledge

Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

First things first - don't miss YESTERDAYS blog if you haven't seen the totally awesome photo from yesterday.

It was very overcast yesterday, so for the first time this year I went into the outdoor pool for 20 minutes - it was just warm enough to feel really good!

A pair of cardinals - one male, one female were perusing the outdoor pool area.

They hopped from one outdoor lounge chair to another UNDERNEATH them - using the metal ribs of the chairs like balance beams.

I told Charlie about the cardinals when I got home, and noted that they stayed pretty close together. Charlie joked about the male probably following the female, which I think was true.

I then said 'Well, they were probably food shopping. The male cardinal was hanging around waiting for his wife to ask him to carry something'.

Then I joked...

I can hear it now - the female saying 'Lets take home that sandwich, will you get that for me?' And the male saying 'WHAT? Carry that thing? Thanks a lot! You think I'm gonna grow HANDS or something?'

And a blog entry was born...

Comments:
lol! that is exactly what the birds would be saying...haha!!
So, excitement of today was the bomb threat at the building adjacent to ours. We were evacuated to the Marriott while the bomb guys came and had the robot thing move the 'suspicious package' into the big bomb orb to be dismantled. Was pretty nerve wracking, but interesting, I guess. Good to be home safe and sound. =)
 
Oh no--a bomb threat--very glad you are home safe and sound, Heather! And Karen, what a beautiful photo of those cardinals, and what an interesting conversation they had!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?