Wednesday, May 26, 2010

 

Day 1555 - Attention Kmart Shoppers...


Greetings, Bloggy Blue Light Specials!

I hardly ever go to Kmart. I mean that. Maybe once or twice a YEAR, like for socks and underwear at Christmastime.

Years ago - my kids would refuse to buy clothing or shoes there because the other kids would 'notice'.

I couldn't imagine how kids could have an attitude about clothes at such a young age.

Do you remember when their stock was so low they were practically giving it away?

Moving on... I went to Kmart the other day. The ONLY reason I went there was because Kmart was the closest department store to the post office.

As usual, it was nearly deserted. A handful of cars in the parking lot. A few shoppers inside. No store clerks around except for ONE register clerk, ONE layaway clerk, and ONE person at customer service. I could hear crickets chirping when I passed the layaway desk.

I actually bought a few items, but not the item I went there for - I couldn't find that one.

I stood in line at the ONLY checkout. I stood in line. And stood in line. And stood in line. The man in back of me left.

The lady in front of me was having checkout trouble. Something was marked wrong, and was supposed to be on sale, and the register clerk had to call someone, etc. etc. etc. Buddy Joe would already have left the store.

When it all got straightened out - the lady's kid came up with a separate purchase and his own money. Why didn't they do THAT while we were WAITING?

When it was finally my turn, I vowed to be thankful.

Then TWO of my items didn't scan.

I growled to the clerk 'Forget those, I don't want them'. He appeared startled, and mystified at my reluctance to WAIT LONGER.

He said 'I can call someone, it will just be a MINUTE!'. 'No', I growled, 'It will NOT be a minute and I don't want them'. I left soon after, with the items that didn't cause a problem!

The moral of the story is - my kids knew 25 years ago what I am still learning today.

Sorry about having several grumpy blogs in a row - I don't mean them to be. TTFN and have a nice Wednesday!

Comments:
That is HILARIOUS that the Kmart In Tennessee is EXACTLY the same as the one here in nasty Cranston. I have attempted a couple times to just 'run in' and grab something quick...like dog food or toiletries. I end up having to ditch my cart and leave because I'm so frustrated from standing in the same line forever. WHY do they do that? I understand it's not very busy, but it's going to keep getting less and less busy if they continue to aggravate the only customers that still dare to walk in there. dummies.
 
Yay! I got a mention on the blog! :-)
 
In defense of Kmart in Auburn, we got a very good buy on flannel sheets this past winter, and out the door in no time. I must admit we rarely go there, but when we do it is a clean and orderly store, and they seem to have enough help. Go figure!

Can't wait to see you, and Heather and family this weekend!!!! And Evan, and Lyn and family, Yay!!! And some of my friends, too. Too bad Charlie and Gil have to miss the fun!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?