Monday, May 24, 2010

 

Day 1553 - Mundane Munday...


Greetings, Mundane Morning Blah-gers!

For all the computer folks out there, it's time to go to work on the ol' farm.

Cubicle farm, that is.
Or maybe server farm.
Or maybe terminal farm.

Anyway - let's talk about farming, just because I had an idea after I pulled this picture. I really didn't have a subject for the blog today.

Disclaimer - I am certainly not trying to bash MY industry that pays MY bills and has for nearly 30 years!

Being a modern-day 'net' farmer makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Some 'milking' being done nowadays by disreputable companies or people might be of their customers (Of course not! Never!). Farm implements may be monitors and keyboards and power and servers.

The crop being 'harvested' or produced may be information, money, transactions, communications, etc. You could extend that to ANYTHING available on the web being a farm crop. I know - it's a stretch, but this is my blog so I can say whatever I want.

I'm a farmer if I work in one of those industries. I'm a consumer of those crops when I grab some information off the web, or a picture, or shop, or surf. For me, I may be both.

Guess I'm dressed wrong for work - I ought to have coveralls on! Where have you gone, Mr. Gre-en Jeans, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you - whoo wooo? (tune playing is 'Mrs. Robinson') Joltin' Jeans has left and gone away?

TTFN and have a nice, albeit mundane, Monday!

Comments:
Karen, did you have extra caffeine this morning??

A timely subject--I told you about our server issue last week--a one week problem, and now they are switching from GroupWise to Outlook (which we had at my former firm; much better.)
 
Hi Nancy - All I had when I started was 'Mundane Monday' - then when I saw the picture of all the cubicles, I got the farm idea.

I mailed your package today - it will arrive later this week priority mail.
 
Too early in the morning for all that creativity--how do you do it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?