Sunday, May 16, 2010

 

Day 1545 - Rain, Rain - Go Away!


Greetings, Bloggy Weather Watchers!

Ok, we've done it.

We have exceeded the highest recorded rainfall for ANY month of ANY year since weather records have been kept in Nashville.

And need I mention there is still half of May left to go! Sigh...

Today is May 16th, and we're approaching 16 inches of recorded rain. It is raining now, and will rain again tomorrow.

I think I saw a fly in the garage with rain gear on...

So - what are WE going to do today in this inclement weather? Go SWIM in a POOL and get WET. Ha! We might also go see Robin Hood - that is still up in the air.

Yes, I know, the RAIN is up in the air too... Ha. Ha. Ha.

TTFN and have a nice, dry Sunday!

Comments:
Karen: I have to tell you two negative fruit stories (more a story about people). In 1968 or 1969, my then-fiance (named by sister Peggy as John 1) were visiting friends of his in Myrtle Beach. We were having watermelon, and when I took my slice to eat with my fingers as I always do, the wife told me that I should cut the watermelon and eat it from a plate, and that only black people ate watermelon with their fingers!
Then, in Val Gardena, Italy with John 1, while at a restaurant for lunch, the waiter looked at me with great disdain when I ate an apple with my hands, instead of cutting it an eating from the plate. Hey, I grew up on a farm, what do I know?
 
Nancy, How ridiculous to eat watermelone and apples with a fork!

Still raining in TN. I guess the drought has ended. Cute picture. It looked something like the wall of water at Roger Wms Park. So glad you can go swimming again!

I didn't get to comment yesterday, but always enjoy Savannah's expressions! We were attending Sunny and Nina's graduations from U of Southern Maine. Very proud of Gil's granddaughters!
 
Hi all! Happy Sunday. Savi and I went to Oakland Beach this morning and had Iggy's clamcakes & chowder for lunch. We went home just after noon to nap, then went to Roger Williams Park for a while. Savi was a slide superstar. She even went down the fast slide on her BELLY! (feet first, of course...lol) and she was so proud of herself! It was funny. Now we just finished supper and are getting ready to go outside and clean the car (well, Savi will draw on the driveway with chalk while I clean the car) and then go pick Jen up from her boyfriend's house. Mike is on his way home from a show in Virginia. Work tomorrow nice and early =)
 
Hi gang! We went to see 'Robin Hood' today - it was LONG but I liked it.

It had a bit of Lord of the Rings, a bit of Peter Pan, and a bit of Robin Hood thrown in.

Uh - Russell Crowe is rather cute too...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?