Saturday, May 15, 2010

 

Day 1544 - Fruit, Glorious, Fruit!


Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Here is another of my all-time favorite Savi photos - her concentration while eating watermelon.

I haven't bought any 'good' watermelon lately - I think it's too early in the season. I did buy some good cantaloupe and honeydew melons already, though.

I am on such a pineapple kick at the moment. Pineapples - whole ones - have been on sale at Walmart for 99 cents for the last couple of weeks.

I have been taking fruit to work every day in my lunch bag. I get the pineapple and melon peeled and sliced and keep it in tubs in the fridge. I also use Fruit Fresh (ascorbic acid) on pineapple to keep it from discoloring.

Grapes are yummy too. I prefer seedless black grapes, but my second choice would be seedless red grapes. If you haven't tried black grapes - DO IT. They are awesome. I like very firm, huge, seedless grapes.

I don't know why I'm babbling on about fruit - but I did, so that's that...

TTFN and have a nice Saturday!

Comments:
I like the red ones best, but the large black ones are good too. A friend had an amazing watermelon at work yesterday, so good ones ARE out there. Just gotta get a lucky one. =)
I want Pineapple now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?