Wednesday, May 12, 2010

 

Day 1541 - Oh where, oh where has WHATEVER gone?


Greetings, Bloggy Grocery Shoppers!

Heather - how's the refrigerator lock working out for you? And what is Savannah doing now that she can't get in there?

I want to say that no matter how much I shop, I run out of at least ONE thing a day.

I went to two grocery stores (Aldi and Publix) Monday after work. I thought we had everything we needed.

Charlie told me that evening that we were about to run out of my super secret coffee blend (it's just Folgers and either Dunkin Donuts or 8 O'Clock French Vanilla mixed in).

I went to the grocery store Tuesday after work. I bought the coffee we needed, and several other things we were ALMOST out of, like lettuce and eggs.

Last night I ran out of Cool Whip. We have been eating apple crisp since Mothers Day (yes, I made some), and the Cool Whip ran out when the apple crisp did. Good timing, eh?

I need to stop SHOPPING, stop EATING, or just allow things to run out and not rush out to restock.

So there. Have a nice Wednesday!

Comments:
You have lots of company--as soon as I get home from Hannaford's I start my shopping list again!

Today we are going out at lunch time to the Chick-a-Dee restaurant. Brother Doug is treating his sisters, Mary Ann, Martha, and myself, and maybe Gil too. I love their lobster stew, and the fried clams are awesome, too!
 
Karen, my refrigerator is usually almost empty. It will be a big shock moving to Maine and actually having to shop and prepare meals.

Doug was supposed to treat me too but that was to be in Nashville. I will hopefully get that free meal when I see Doug in Maine in June or July. I also have a gift card for Maurice's from dear sister Peggy so am looking forward to some free meals in Maine.
 
The lock is PERFECT!!!!! (as long as we remember to RE lock it after we go in it...)

I shop WAY TOO MUCH. I've already been to three markets since Saturday...and I still don't have everything I need. Ugh.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?