Monday, May 10, 2010

 

Day 1539 - Guardian Angels?


Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

Did you have a nice Mothers Day yesterday? I did! We took our walk, saw Iron Man II, and had some goodies here at the house instead of going out. A very nice day!

As seen on a church sign in Franklin - 'Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!'

I told that to Charlie, and he asked me if I'd ever seen a 'Burma Shave' sign.

He quoted 'Angels who guard you when you drive, usually retire at 65. Burma Shave.'

Do you know what that is?

Burma Shave is a brand of shaving cream.

For many years, Burma Shave advertised using witty signs (usually 6), that were posted on roadways, spaced so that you could read each piece of the sign as you drove by.

That's all I need to say, Wikipedia has all the information you could want to know about it, and more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burma-Shave

TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
Burnma Shave--now that's a flash from the past!

I received 3 Mother's Day cards today, and much appreciated. You wouldn't believe little Savi signed her name and made other little adorable scribblings on the card to her great-grammy, thanks to Heather!
 
Hi Everyone -

I got 3 cards too - I love em! I enjoyed Savi's 'artwork' too.

I also loved your return address labels, Heather! Where do you get those?

xxx
 
I'm glad you both got your cards only a day late!!! Mom, I got the labels from that place we'd talked about that was charging people extra $$ for stuff...won't buy from them again! LOL! I do love them, though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?