Friday, May 07, 2010

 

Day 1536 - Minute-Stroni Soup!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday, Hooray!

You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Here's an adorable photo of a younger Savannah with Uncle Evan. Look at that grin! She loves her uncle.

I 'invented' Minute-Stroni soup last night.

I was in a pinch to use up some leftovers in the fridge, and mixed together homemade chicken vegetable soup, and homemade chili.

I kid you not, it tasted just like Minestrone! It was actually GOOD. I served it with some shredded cheddar cheese on top, and crackers on the side. Go figure.

So - in a pinch - if you've got chicken soup, vegetables, and chili - you've got Minute-Stroni!

Have a great weekend, and hopefully there won't be any natural or unnatural disasters. ;-)

Comments:
That photo of Evan and Savi is one of my favorites.

I have an unnatural disaster to report. This morning I dropped my $900, trifocal, transition, anti-glare, anti-scratch glasses (folded up) into the toilet at the end of the flush cycle. I called the landlord (pretty embarassing), who returned my call from Bryce Canyon, Utah(!!) and called a plumber. The plumber just called me to report he found them!! He took the toilet apart, couldn't see them, and had gone to his truck and decided to come back and try with some pliers, and then found them in the trap. My lucky day.
 
Love that picture! Hey, We're supposed to be seeing you tonight--boo-hoo!! Have a good day and a great weekend including a Happy Mother's Day--this is for all the blog mothers out there.
 
PS: Right now is when my plane was due to land in Nashville and a few hours later I would be having dinner with Karen, Charlie and Doug and much later, giving a hug to the rest of the gang. Miss you guys!
 
Gosh, Nancy, I have so many embarassing questions to ask. I'll just settle for, "Did the plumber clean your glasses for you?"

Just thought of another one. Did the plumber charge you or is this story all the pay he needs? He will get some good mileage from this tale.
 
Charlie, I knew someone would ask. He told me that he ran hot water over them but I should soak them in rubbing alcohol when I got home--I said, hey there is some in the cabinet right there--but he was calling from his truck outside.
I asked if he had seen glasses flushed before and he said I'd be amazed at all the stuff they find. Of course I asked for details but he didn't elaborate. So my story is not unusual, Charlie.
The plumber will charge my landlord who may or may not charge me. We are in a 1929 building with old plumbing so he is there fairly often.
 
I love today's picture! =) She does love her Uncle!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's & Grammy's!!
Hugs and kisses from all of us! xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?