Thursday, May 06, 2010

 

Day 1535 - Waters Edge is UnderWater

Greetings, Bloggy Buffet Lovers!

The family had reservations at the Waters Edge Marketplace at the Opryland Hotel for Mothers Day Brunch this coming Sunday. Boo hoo!

The Waters Edge Buffet is no longer at the Waters Edge, obviously. What a shame!

I did some research on the web and found this description of what we WOULD have enjoyed...

The restaurant features five 'chef-action stations' serving up cuisine with a variety of global influences.

Patrons can chat with the chefs and ask questions while the food is being prepared.

Diners sit under cafe umbrellas amid the atrium gardens and along the indoor Delta River, and they get a close-up view of the colorful fountain show.

Sounds like it would have been just scrumptious, even without a description of the DESSERTS!

Have a nice Thursday, everyone, and if you can, make alternate Mothers Day Brunch reservations!

Comments:
We can plan another vacation to Nashville, but I feel badly for all of this destruction and loss of life. A real tragedy! Thanks for the pictures you have sent our way, Karen. And I'm glad Charlie's bee hives were spared! Sorry to miss seeing you both!
 
Rub it in, Karen! Interesting photo though.
I am treating myself to a spa day on Saturday and dinner cooked by my friend Denise, and on Sunday will be joining a co-worker's family (some of you know the famous Tim) for an afternoon "Sandy Hackett's Rat Pack" show followed by dinner at an Italian bistro, Scala, which is really nice. Tim's mother, age 84, of Italian heritage, is very lively and vivacious and always a pleasure to have around.
The most important feature is that I can wear my new dress and shoes I purchased for my birthday brunch in Nashville. Waaaahhhh!
 
I've been watching the news pics and I am just in shock! How sad...How are you guys holding up?? Are you more flooded than those other pics showed? Are you getting around town ok? Scary stuff!!!
 
Hi Heather - Thankfully we are fine and our house is fine.

The barn is very wet inside and will dry eventually.

Charlie's land just has erosion, so that is more good news.

My roads into work are open and clear, so we are in good shape!

There are folks at work though, and country music stars who have lost their homes!

xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?