Wednesday, May 05, 2010

 

Day 1534 - From Fab to Flooded in a Weekend

Greetings, Bloggy Flood Followers!

This first photo is from News 2, WKRN, of the flooding inside the Opryland hotel.

If you have been here - you will recognize it as the revolving bar from the Cascades section. See all the chairs floating?



This second photo was taken by me of the same area, back in 2004.

There is a larger restaurant close by in the Cascades, where I always order the crab soup. My mother, aunts, and friends have dined there many times.

See all the gorgeous (and LIVE) plants everywhere? I can't imagine the devastation that the atrium areas have experienced from the flooding.

I hope they can restore and rebuild the beautiful environment there, and I hope they still have the crab soup when they reopen!

Many schools are still closed, and the extent of the damage is not even known yet.

By the way - it is Cinco de Mayo, and if you celebrate, be careful!

Comments:
I am one of the aunts who enjoyed this area and all of Nashville.
Karen, what about Fan Fair?? Can they clean up the riverbank and coliseum in time or that? And what about lodging?
I saw planes underwater this morning on the Today show, so I'm hoping my flight is cancelled and I won't lose all my dollars (Expedia told me to wait to cancel)
 
Mary Ann was told by Travelocity and thier insurance company that since the plane will be able to fly to Nashville there is no way to get our money back. We had travel protection. They'll give a ticket that has to be used by Jan 10th 2011, and we'll need to pay that change fee of up to $180.

How awful to see the Opryland Hotel in such a condition! The paper said they may be closed for 6mos.

Sad to miss your birthday celebration, Nancy. Could have been worse--we might have been there last weekend!
 
Hi Nancy - the Nashville airport is functioning, so you should check to see if you CAN cancel your flight and still be able to use that $$$ within the next year!

xxx
 
Hi all! I feel awful that all of you are having to cancel your plans!! =( What a mess the weather has been...Is this global warming that's drowning us all out? The earthquakes, the rains, the terrible storms everywhere...scary!

As for cinco de mayo, we had a special (and SPICY) Mexican lunch at work and our office manager brought (virgin) margaritas and fancy (plastic) glasses. It was fun! =)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?