Sunday, May 02, 2010

 

Day 1531 - What? Sunday Already?


Greetings, Blogregation!

As seen on a church sign: 'Even the mighty oak was once just a nut who stood his ground!'

Here's a great picture of Savannah with a birthday dress on that Aunt Nancy gave her, PLUS a ballerina skirt on over the dress. Too cute!

It poured and poured yesterday so I missed water aerobics (the clouds were doing water aerobics though).

I did manage to get the kitchen and bathroom floor washed, and I dusted the den, JUST IN CASE we have some visitors next weekend!

Fingers crossed that Charlie and I can get to the pool today for VOLUNTARY swimmage, without drowning from rain and flooded streets.

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Sounds like our crazy rain has gone to you now? Are you having the same flooding? Think I'll google it now...
 
ok, just googled the big news...Thanks Tennessee for one up'ing our floods!! Makes us look like we were sitting in a puddle..lol! Are YOU flooded? Any closed roads around you? Looked like Memphis area was hit the worst, but Nashville is flooded too? Sheesh! Charlie may have his pond after all.
 
Hi Heather! Our house is all right so far. Charlie had to go around a downed tree nearby.

Framklin is bad, over a foot of rain yesterday and more falling. The Harpeth river is flooding. Main roads in Franklin are closed, a big church is being used as a shelter, and 40 families have moved in to it.

Lots more rain today, I wonder if work will be open tomorrow, and I have a doctors appt in the morning.

No, we won't try to go swim today, we are staying put.

xxx
 
How crazy that we just went through that here!!! Sheesh!!
 
Karen, I'm glad to see your comments here because when I heard about the flooding in Tennessee I was worried!
Get rid of that water before we get there! I hope Graceland wasn't flooded.
 
We are getting some of the flooding now. Our creek is in the YARD, and the overflowing creek is going right through the blocks that hold Charlie's bee hives, and through the middle of the barn.

I certainly hope the rain stops soon.

xxx
 
3 people at church who knew of our pending trip told us about the flooding in the Nashville and Memphis areas, and jeepers, Karen and Charlie, it's on you doorsteps almost. I do hope the rain stops very soon and dries up quickly. We just got home from a DAR tea for 4 area students--Morgan was one of those honored, so now we are watching the weather channel. I'll call you, Karen.

Another adorable picture of Savi!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?