Sunday, April 18, 2010

 

Day 1517 - Exercise Can Be Hazardous to Your Health, or Others!


Greetings, Bloggy Fitness Experts!

Some people are quite coordinated. They take Zumba, do complex step aerobics, and probably don't trip over their own feet very much.

Other people are quite the opposite. They TRY to do the very same things, but the same movements and motions are much more challenging.

A friend of mine is quite fit, but usually does her exercise 'solo'. Here are some reasons WHY! She told me these stories herself, I am not making them up.

She took a jump rope class at the health club, and accidently hooked the woman in front of her around the neck with her jump rope. I am sure that didn't go over well.

Another time - she was supposed to punch a punching bag, and ended up punching herself by accident.

Another time she closed her eyes so she could concentrate, and ended up travelling to the back of the room!

Now she notices her classmates giving her a wide berth during class. Wonder why??

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Those are pretty hilarious experiences, actually probably not that uncommon. Farting in yoga classes is also a problem, I think. Not me though, never!

Some family stuff: Brett, Kathy's husband is stuck in Amsterdam because of the ash problem.

John Cleese (Monty Python) took a cab for $5000 to get from Oslo to London. 12 hours.
 
Great comments, Marcia!

Especially the 'Not me though, never!' one...
 
Very occasionally we might have some gas while dancing and go over under the ceiling fan and then dance away. Isn't that gross?

That's it for this Sunday, folks!

I was going sign "anonymous" but I'll own up to it.
 
OK let's elevate the conversation!! Marcia I can't believe you used the #2 F--- word. Gym stories hilarious Karen--now I can confess that I cannot jump rope! (I could as a kid tho) I took a boxing class for several months, and while everyone jumped rope to warm up, I just did basic stretching. And I loved the punching bag.

I have a new gym location near my new office, and a new trainer, who is big on squats and lifts. So I am working my butt off (literally)--aren't I too old for this stuff? We meet twice a week so that's not bad.

I love Tiki bars -- we had a favorite place in DC many moons ago (Trader Vic's?) where we had huge group drinks like a Scorpion, with gardenias floating in it. Everyone got buzzed pretty fast because we were drinking through straws, competing for more of the drink. Ahh, the good old days.
 
That's hilarious, Mom, going under the ceiling fan.

And "very occasionally" is funny, too.

One of our favorite sayings, from some article or broadcast, is "Oprah farts 47 times a day". That's how many times a day people fart. Yeah, really!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?