Thursday, April 15, 2010

 

Day 1514 - Tax Deadline Day!

Greetings, Bloggy 'Mail your taxes in NOW or pay the Interest if you Owe'-ers!

And if you never pay, it's 'Heigh, Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to jail we go...'

One year I received a letter from the IRS that I owed some extra amount on my taxes. I had already received my refund, so I thought 'What is THIS?'

I disagreed that I owed them something, but I just wrote them a check and sent it in.

I did, and a month or two (or six) later they sent me an additional refund.

Sheesh.

One more funny story... not about the IRS...

We had a message on the answering machine yesterday that cracked me up. It was a medical office reminding ME to remind CHARLIE that he has an appointment tomorrow.

That receptionist is a really funny lady to have thought ahead to leave that message for us to listen to and laugh about.

Have a nice Thursday, and don't forget your taxes!

Comments:
My extension is in the mail. Someone just told me that filing later lessens the chance of an audit. I have nothing to worry about in an audit but it's good to know.
Karen, never send money to the IRS unless they explain why it is owed. You're lucky you got the money back.
 
Hi Everyone! I haven't written for a while, having been to FL with Gil for 6 days, and yesterday too busy with laundry, and evening mtg, etc. Now we look forward to our trip to Nashville and Memphis in May to celebrate some family birthdays!

Yes, I liked yesterday's "Hitch in your giddy-up", and knowing its origin.

Karen, good news--no longer needing the physical therapy for your rt. arm! I'm sure your water aerobics has hastened the healing.

We've rec'd some photos of our newest addition to our family, Sophie, now 4 mos old--so sweet and pretty!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?