Friday, April 09, 2010

 

Day 1508 - Friday, Hooray!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday, Hooray!

You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Here's a sweet picture of Savannah. I might have already posted this one, but I just love the expression on her face.

Well - the work week is almost over, and it has been a very busy one.

I have a funny bagel story from yesterday...

I had my last appointment with my Columbia physical therapist yesterday, and wanted to get her some egg bagels (her favorite) from MY favorite bagel place. The poor thing has been eating Lenders bagels from the grocery store instead of delicious, wonderful bagel bakery bagels.

I went over to buy some after work (mistake, I should have gone earlier) - and they were starting to run low on a lot of their bagel flavors.

They had FIVE egg bagels left, and I told the clerk that I wanted them all. He started to pull them out of the bin, and DROPPED ONE. I cringed, but told him that it was all right, that four egg bagels were better than none. He was very relieved.

The clerk then proceeded to tell me a story about a man who lambasted him right and left for dropping a bagel that he had wanted. I felt sorry for him!

So the moral of the story is - there is no use crying over spilt milk or 'bagel droppings'. Ha!

TTFN and have a nice Friday!

Comments:
Karen under the 3-second or 5-second rule, you should have taken the 4th bagel. Which reminds me of a story--I was at a baseball game where a dad said that to his son who had dropped a french fry onto beer/food covered cement!! One of the few times the rule should NOT apply.

Today is Opening Day in San Francisco for the Giants (they opened in Houston, and are already 3-0!) Sunny in the 60's, and on a FRIDAY which is even better. I often return to the office after games but not today. Charlie, you may know that one of our Ace pitchers, Matt Cain, graduated from high school in Germantown Tennessee and was called "Big Sugar." He started pitching for the Giants at age 20 and now gets paid a LOT of money.
 
I would have taken it too....LOL! That was nice of you to bring her bagels!
Mike is off already for his show tomorrow, so It's just me and the girls again tonight. We already have big plans for Friendly's tomorrow...haha! It's been such a long week, I am so ready to get into bed! Hope you all have a great weekend. xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?