Wednesday, April 07, 2010

 

Day 1506 - Midweek and Midlife


Greetings, Bloggy Middlers -

Here's Miss Savannah, caught on camera with her hand in the bowl of potato chips!

She just loves chips, just like her grandmother...

I have a healthcare story to tell, without naming names.

I was travelling a long distance to one medical appointment, just because the place closer to me didn't take my insurance.

Well - there is something called 'gap coverage' that allows you (with approval) to use an out of network place IF you are travelling more than 'X' number of miles to go there, and there is another place closer.

So anyway - after getting approval for 'gap' coverage, I got a letter in the mail that my insurer had a new contract with the 'out of network' place, and that they are now 'In Network'.

Anyway - to make a long story short - Murphy's law was with me on that one.

After jumping through all kinds of hoops and phone calls and emails and more phone calls to get the gap coverage approved, THE DAY AFTER THE APPROVAL the place became a regular 'IN NETWORK' place.

Sheesh...

TTFN and have a nice Wednesday!

Comments:
When I got on the boat the other day, I discovered my fly was down. I think I needed gap coverage.
 
Marcia, that made me giggle...lol.
Mom, what a pain in the butt!!!
 
Marcia, I'm laughing too! Karen, I can't believe that health care story. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Every photo of Savi has a little different expression. So sweet!

We're leaving tomorrow to visit Gil's daughter, Vicki, and husband, and his grandson, Jacob--looking forward to it, and we'll be back in just a few days.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?