Friday, April 02, 2010

 

Day 1501 - Happy Easter Weekend!


Greetings, Bloggy Easter Weekenders-

It's Friday, and it's Good Friday- Hooray! I have fond memories of straw Easter bonnets and white gloves and new clothes and shiny patent leather shoes (usually too tight) at Easter time.

No- I don't have today off. Do you?

You know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Here is a great photo of Savannah playing with her new Raggedy Ann doll. Cute, huh?

Changing subjects - I was looking at swimsuits on eBay - (yes, summer is coming) and saw a funny misspelling.

The listing described a beautiful, SLIMING swimsuit. Not slimming. SLIMING.

Loved that - it made me laugh out loud.

Hey - I bought a pair of those funny sneakers that have a curved sole and are supposedly 'Leg Toning'. I bought the Curves brand, which cost half of what the Sketchers brand are going for.

I got mine on eBay, I'd heard that Avon has them backordered. I've only worn them a little around the house so far, but we are allowed to wear tennis shoes tomorrow at work, so I am planning to wear them all day tomorrow.

TTFN and have a great Easter Weekend!

Comments:
Wow, I thought you were working from home. Good for you, going into the office. I'm sure they missed you.
 
Hi Karen, Hi Marcia, and we're moving on towards Easter and the Easter sunrise service up at Mary Ann's. Beautiful spot. And in the meantime I'm going on the "Walk of the Cross" which is a Good Friday ritual--takes about 2 hrs to walk from Norway to SParis stopping at 4 churches along the way. So that's my day.

Heather, hope RI is drying out some. It's hard to believe! Glad you are safe and dry.
 
Karen, our office closes at noon but I'm working this afternoon and I'm going to my first baseball game of the season, an exhibition game tonight it it's not RAINING.

My annual Easter brunch and hike with friends to the Pt Reyes National Seashore may get rained out -- the hiking part but we can still eat. Our chocolate filled basket exchanges of years past are now reduced to a few special chocolates and I no longer color easter eggs; I stopped doing that about 5 years ago.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?