Sunday, March 28, 2010

 

Day 1496 - It's Spring! Time to go shopping - in the closet!


Greetings, Bloggy Shoppers!

I can't hope to have an outfit as cute as Savannahs (check out the boots!), but with the changing weather, I had to go shopping in the guest room closet today.

That means find some clothes I had put away, and might want to wear in the near future. Then I try them on to make sure they still fit, and if the answer is YES, I toss them in the washing machine.

I move clothes from my closet to the guest room closet when the seasons change, so I have a little more room for the things I will be wearing during that season. I even swap out hangers so that the 'yucky' hangers stay in the guest closet, and the 'good' hangers are in MY closet. (Does anyone else do that?)

After the clothes move to the guest room closet, I forget what clothes I have, and where they are. They get mixed in with lots of other clothes that I NEVER wear or may NEVER fit. That's just the truth.

I will also admit that the guest room closet is still full of empty boxes (including shoe boxes) that I 'might' use sometime, Christmas wrap, suitcases, seasonal pillows, and lots of other stuff!

I really need to work on the cleaning out the guest room closet AND my closet, but that ain't happening anytime soon.

TTFN and instead of shopping at the mall - go shopping in your closet!

Comments:
Her expression looks a little like some pictures of me when I was little.
 
At least you only have a guest closet full of that stuff. I have a whole house full of junk that I 'might need someday'...or might wear again, or might FIT again if I were to suddenly become 17 again...lol!!!

Today will be about 50 degrees so I'm doing yardwork with Jen's sister, Callie, watching Savi. Might get my hair cut later too =) Such excitement!
 
Sounds like some good plans for Sunday, Heather and Karen! Gil and I were saying that most of the clothes in the spare closet need to go to the Thrift Store. We'll be delivering plants to shut-ins after church today, then up to Mary Ann's for pizza tonight. We met Mary Ann's friend, Jerry, last night at the "Crazy for You" musical at the High School. He seems very nice. The musical was just great and Debi was the choreographer.

Yes, Marcia, I can see the resemblance to your young photos. Little Savi is so photogenic!
 
I want to see a picture of your haircut, Heather!

xxx
 
Savi's photos are so great! Who puts funky black boots with pink socks on a two year old? One cool mamma, that's who!

You're all right. We have two much junk. I got rid of bags and bags of stuff when I moved, and my "bonus room" still has unpacked boxes in it which contain some stuff I should throw away. I even got rid of my hippie jewelry and guess what, it's "in" again!
I did save ripped cutoff jeans and a cool, snug pink top with two swans on it, that I wore braless and nephew David (Joe's David) told me years later that he was fascinated that the birds moved when I walked.
 
the salon I go to was closed today =( No haircut till Saturday now!
Nancy, I LOVE that story!!! HAHA!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?