Tuesday, March 23, 2010

 

Day 1491 - Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Greetings, Bloggy Animal Lovers!

Todays photos are of the BEAR that came to visit our cabin each night in Gatlinburg.

Well - two of our group thought it was a bear. I could tell by the tracks that it was a raccoon. Raccoon tracks do look like bear tracks, only much smaller!

Rocky-Top Raccoon (I just named him) had an overnight routine of visiting the tourist cabins, knocking over the trash can, taking off the top, and pilfering the edibles.
(I keep trying to get some line breaks in this section and Blogger is not cooperating). Sheesh.
Two of the ladies in our group who were rooming on the ground floor heard it, and were convinced it was a bear, not daring to chase it away for fear of retaliation.
Thankfully, Rocky Top didn't scatter the garbage very far, unlike a dog.
If I were the cabin rental people, I would invest in one of those trash cans with the metal clamps on the lid. End of problem.
TTFN!

Comments:
Well that gave you gals some excitement! It reminds me of my backpacking days in Yosemite with the Sierra Club, when bears were plentiful and loved visitors. On one trip with the Sierra singles, the trip leader (who I dated briefly) had mosst of the groceries for the weekend in his hatchback,and upon arrival, went to sleep in a nearby field. Later, two bears tore open the back windows and as our group drove up, we witnessed the bears having a good snack. We stayed awake all night in our car! Then, the next night when we were further into the wilderness, while all MEN and women were snug in their tents (and afraid to come out), another woman and I tended the campfire to ward off the bears who surrounded the perimeter. A few people had tied bags to trees but guess what, mamma bears trained their cubs to climb the trees and take the bags. The bears had already taken those and were looking for more.
 
OK it's anonymous Aunt Nancy.
 
I knew that could only be you, Nancy! I also knew you had hiked in the Sierra mountains, but I had no idea you were surrounded by bears. Scary! And Karen, the big bad racoon probably did sound scary to those sleeping on the first floor. Such an adventure! Well it's time to go work on the food counter at Bingo. Maybe I can find some adventure in it!

Oh, yesterday Lyn sent some darling pictures of sweet little Sophie!
 
How cute!!! Could it have been a BABY BEAR??? I would have gone out to hug it and probably would have been eaten. LOL.
 
I couldn't bear to see a bear!
 
Little Sophie looks JUST LIKE WILL when he was a baby!
 
Can I get Sophie's photos???
 
I'll send them to you, Nancy!
 
Correctly your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you post, intention look progressive for the duration of more cognate articles in a jiffy as its sole of my choice question to read.
 
Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?