Wednesday, March 17, 2010

 

Day 1485 - Happy St. Patricks Day!


Greetings, Bloggy Irish and Irish Wanna-be's -

Happy St. Patricks Day! Wear green today if you remember to.

You know what to do - DRINK in a circle chanting 'Pat-ty! Pat-ty! Pat-ty!'

(Side note - I had to research whether to write 'Patty' vs. 'Paddy', and chose Patty based on that)

The guy on the left in this photo reminded me of the way George Clooney danced in the last 'Man of Constant Sorrow' song in 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou'.

Corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, beer. That ought to do it.

Have a great St. Patricks Day, and TTFN!

Comments:
Erin go Bragh!
Since my mother's maiden name is Slattery, I am wearing a kelly green/navy striped sweater; a shamrock ring I bought in Ireland; gold earrings with a green stone that Mary Ann gave me: and a shamrock bracelet Johnny & Iris gave me for my college graduation in 1967, which I have worn every St. Patrick's day since. I am a block away from a huge St. Patrick's Day block party in front of an historic Irish bar, Harrington's, where I have been going on St. Patrick's Day (and others) for almost 30 years.
Karen, I recently read a "letter to the editor" from an irate Irishman who said it is St. Paddy's, not St. Patty's, because the Irish name for Patrick is Padraec, thus St. Paddy's. (by the way,Paddy wagon is derived from that name.)
 
Great comments, Nancy, Happy Saint Paddy's Day. You look marvelous.
 
I agree with Marcia--Nancy, you look very Irish today, befitting your Slattery ancestry! I forgot to wear green, sorry (we can hear Savi saying that!), but I cooked corned beef brisket, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and onions for supper. Yummm! We had a similar meal cooked by Karen and that was yummy too. Glad to have the Patty, Paddy mystery soved.
 
I wanted corned beef and cabbage, but didn't want to cook all that just for myself...no one else here will eat it. I think Janet made some tonight, so I'll steal some leftovers...lol!
This year's time change has KICKED MY BUTT! No idea why, but I just can't seem to adjust. I'm tired all day...wide awake too late at night...stinks. Tonight was the first night Savi went to bed on time again, so maybe I'm soon to follow?
I did wear green today =)
 
I wore the St. Patricks Day shamrock scarf my mother gave me as my 'green' today.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?