Wednesday, February 17, 2010

 

Day 1457 - Happy Birthday, Lyn!


Greetings, Bloggy Birthday Celebrants!

Today is my sister Lyn's birthday. Happy Birthday, Lyn! Be sure to get your birthday spankings, or put butter on your nose as you have a shiny new year.

Do you know the birthday 'buttered nose' ritual? My former mother in law, who was swedish, taught it to me. I looked it up on the web, and it really is true!

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question2199.html

Lyn is younger than me, by the way. Don't tell anybody.

Happy Birthday to Youuuuuu,
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuu,
Happy Birthday, dear Lyyyyynnnn,
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuu! (yodel at the end)

Yes, that's right - my sisters name is spelled with one 'n', not two. I see two n's more often than one, actually!

Mom - is there a reason why Lyn's name only has one 'n'? The entire world wants to know.

Happy Birthday, Lyn - have a great day and a great year! TTFN!

Comments:
Yes, Happy Birthday, Lyn, and many many more! Nice choice of pictures, Karen. I remember when Lyn was born, she looked like a little jewel, so precious! I don't know why I spelled Lyn with one n--it seemed to fit the jewel appearance. Once Lyn asked why her name was spelled with one n, as it was frustrating to always be explaining it to others. Sorry, Lyn!! You are a beautiful, loving daughter of whom I am so very proud!
 
I spoke to Lyn and they are going to the 'BIG CHEESE' for dinner tonight.

Mom - she said you'd been there - was it good?
 
Happy birthday Lyn! We love you!!!
 
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)
 
I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?