Tuesday, February 16, 2010

 

Day 1456 - Happy Fat Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Mardis Gras Celebrants!

I forgot that today is Fat Tuesday - most of us can identify with that...

Here's Miss Savi and the dog in another Valentines Day picture, and both of them are interested in that lollipop.

If you had the day off yesterday - did you enjoy your day? I missed receiving any mail, but I'll recover.

By the way; the big post-Valentine candy and gift clearance should be going on right now. If you need anything - now's the time!

Charlie and I picked up some Valentine clearance yesterday - but it wasn't chocolate, it was CRAB!

We bought some frozen King Crab legs at Walmart that were marked down to $11 for 1.5 lbs. That's a really great price for King Crab.

I don't know when I am going to cook them, but I will say that I like King Crab almost as much as lobster, and they aren't too much work because they're so big!

Changing subjects to a weather update...

We've been having snow showers for the last couple of days - maybe an inch or so total but schools are closed (big surprise!). When the schools are closed, everyone seems to hit the health club and/or the movies.

And speaking of movies... Today is dollar popcorn and dollar drink day at the movies, so we might go see 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' this afternoon.

TTFN and have a nice Twofer Tuesday!

Comments:
Are we supposed to celebrate Fat Tuesday with chocolate? Too bad ours is all gone!

Expecting snow, 1-3" this afternoon, 3-5" tonight. Gil cancelled Bingo, and I decided not to go to Morgan's play-off game in Portland--driving in a snowstorm is not my cup of tea, even with my sister driving. Gil didn't want to drive to Portland in a snowstorm either--are we getting old or sensible?

Frozen King Crab sounds good. Makes me think we should have lobster soon.

I was interested in Heather's comment on yesterday's blog about finding homes for the dogs--sounds good, Heather! Hope Savi is still improving! She looks great in her pictures!
 
Me again--Nancy, glad to hear you and Debi are enjoying your visit!
 
Hi all!
Got bday cards today from Mom and Grammy...THANK YOU! Grammy, by the way, I'm 36!!! But I do love that you wrote 35, then 34!!! I would prefer 34. :)
Love you all! Hope everyone has a nice week.
Savi is feeling much better!
 
Heather, of course I know you are 36--lost my mind! Glad you rec'd your cards--same day. Especially glad Savi is better!

Guess what, not a lick of snow--those forecasts were so wrong. Mary Ann called and Morgan got 8 pts to help her team win 46-22! Next game on Thurs.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?