Tuesday, February 09, 2010

 

Day 1449 - More snow? Is this the South?


Greetings, Bloggy 'When is Spring Ever Going to Get Here' readers!

We have more snow!

Just a dusting for our area with some sleet on top, but some places in Tennessee have 6 inches, and a lot of schools are closed yet again.

I thought a snow picture of Miss Savannah was appropriate for today. Subtle hint: We need new pictures! We need new pictures!

I just polished off a bowl of hot oatmeal with milk and bananas on top. That is a winter breakfast for sure. My mother hates oatmeal and used to feed hers to the cat.

I don't like cream of wheat, but I do like any other kind of grain-mix hot cereal like Maypo and the stone ground grainy ones. I have some in the freezer, where it stays fresh. I also throw in dates, raisins, cranberry raisins, etc.

By the way - new product annoucement: Raisinets are making chocolate covered cranraisins now! We bought a bag but I haven't opened them, they are put away for Valentines day.

I am going to cook prime rib for Valentines Day, for the vitamins and iron, of course... (right!)

Other product tips:
If you have a big freezer, you can freeze potato chips, cereal, crackers, flour and 'bagged items' and they stay perfectly fresh. Did you know that? Works great. There is a debate about whether you should freeze coffee, but I do and it works fine for me. I LOVE my freezer.

Have a nice Tuesday and stay warm! It is not supposed to get above 30's here all this week.

Brrrr and TTFN!

Comments:
Savi is too cute for words! Yup, the South and mid-atlantic states are getting socked with snow--another storm may miss us this week too. No tears in Maine, except for the skiiers and snowmobilers!

Karen, hot oatmeal and milk--Gil has this most mornings and I wish I could eat it, it looks good, but I don't even try it. I used to give you children the oatmeal packets mixed with boiling water--that's as close as I could get to serving you nutritious oatmeal!

Glad your snow storm is light!
 
big storm coming here tomorrow!! Hope I get a day off from it =)

Oatmeal is GROSS and slimy and looks like it's already been eaten once. EWWWWWWWW. A friend at work brought in a box of oatmeal called 'thick and rough'. I told her I wouldn't know if I should EAT it or DATE it...LOL!!!!!!

Have fun with your snow...and I'll try to upload new pics tomorrow. I have TONS, just no time to edit and post =( sorry!!
 
Heather, your comment is HILARIOUS! You must be feeling better! Love you! xxxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?