Wednesday, February 03, 2010

 

Day 1443 - Tow the line...

Greetings, Bloggy Midweekers!

Schools have been out since Friday, and the snow and ice is slowly melting.

However - our driveway turned out to be a slippery slope the first time Charlie took his pickup (which is not 4WD) out.

Making a long story short - today a AAA tow truck came and pulled Charlies truck off the side of the driveway, where it had been stuck since the day before.

The tow truck driver actually had to pull it out multiple times.

The truck kept sliding right back into the 'stuck' position as soon as Charlie tried to drive it back to the garage, thanks to the ice underneath the snow.

Kind of like the groundhog seeing its shadow and jumping back into its hole.

I would like to thank my Honda CRV 4-door color white (with 4WD) for being so good in the snow!

TTFN and have a nice Wednesday!

Comments:
Karen, isn't your driveway flat?
 
Let's hear it for the CRV 4WD. We like ours too! And Charlie has his truck available again. All right with the world!

How are you, Heather?
 
It's a hill, Nancy. Not terribly steep, but enough if it's icy! Poor Charlie. =( Yay for AAA! And Yay for the CRV!

I'm ok. Having a pretty awful fibro flair up today. Left work at 2 because It was too painful to even sit down. Tomorrow I have to work in Westerly and Newport!! Lots of driving. I'll be working w/ another woman who lives close by, so I offered to pick her up so we can suffer the long drive together. =) And my work gets to save bridge toll $...which is 8 bucks roundtrip now!!! UGH!
 
Everyone is right.

There is a small hill from the mailbox on the main road down to the house and barn. The garage, house and barn area is flat.

Heather and Mom - I had moo-shu pork tonight that tastes like the place we loved in East Providence.
 
Karen, I was thinking of the flat part. Moo shu pork is one of my faves!

Now I'm off to get a mammogram (it's been 2 years but now they say that's ok for my age)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?