Monday, February 01, 2010

 

Day 1441 - New Week and a New Month


Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

It's a new week and the first day of February. Spring is right around the corner (she says as the snow and ice is gleaming in the yard).

Two weeks until Valentines Day - stock up on the chocolate now!

Have I mentioned that we are enjoying our Netflix subscription?

We have two movies, and keep them going back and forth all the time to the Netflix distributor. It is all done with the internet and the mail, and all postage paid. My 'rental request queue' is on the internet, and when we mail one in, the next one in the queue is mailed out pronto.

We watched a so-so alien movie last night named 'District 9'. It was different, but I'm glad we didn't spend money at the movie theatre for it.

I like Netflix because we can turn the movies around quickly, and don't have to go to a store. How they can afford to pay all the postage is beyond me, but no complaints from us!

Speaking of complaints, here is a product review...

I had a coupon for 'Charmin Basic' and bought a package. HUGE MISTAKE. If you are used to Charmin Ultra (like we are), Charmin Basic is like using thin, scratchy tree bark. Not good, and I will never buy it again, even with a coupon.

TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
Personally, I don't like it when it's too soft.
 
Karen, I'm with you. Debi got me started on Charmin years ago-complained about my thin, scratchy tp. I've tried different versions but always return to two-ply Charmin. Northern (?) is comparable.

Netflix--I have a promotional brochure in my "to do" box right now. But I can get movies from On Demand for a bit more so am still considering it.
 
It makes me laugh to talk about toilet paper in print. I like Seventh Generation. 80% post consumer, I think.
 
I hate scratchy TP.

The worst I have ever used was in England at a McDonalds next to the 'London Eye' ride.

It was just like thin writing paper, totally awful, and in a 60's era dispenser where it came out in little folded-in-half sheets.
 
That's surprising about a name-brand product. I have a no-name box of tissues that are one step removed from tree bark. Awful! Hey how is everyone? Good to hear from Marcia and Nancy! And our morning phone conversation was nice, Karen! I hope Heather is OK!
 
I'm ok. tired, but ok. Had my 95% decaf iced coffee today. Still had the palpitations. Don't know if that means it's NOT from caffeine, or if that means 5% is still too much. Gotta cut that 5% out slowly so I don't end up w/ migraines. Not fun!!! Otherwise, all is well =)
Savi counted to 8 today before messing up...very impressed with my baby girl!!!
 
Heather, salty things give me palpitations, and also keep me up at night. I've had nights where a bag of chips prevented me from sleeping for most of the night. Right now I've totally stopped eating anything that's salty.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?