Sunday, January 31, 2010

 

Day 1440 - Ice and Sunshine!

Greetings, Blogregation!

It is almost 11 o'clock and I am still in my bathrobe.

Oops - fashion faux pas...

I wore my bathrobe, winter coat, the scarf Heather knitted, and winter boots outside this morning to take pictures of the ice with the sunshine on it.

Click on a picture to see the actual size - beautiful!

Not that I was worried about being outside with my robe on. The entire time I was outdoors, TWO vehicles went by. That's all - two.

I am proud of these pictures - birds in the trees, a birds nest full of snow, and ice, ice, ice on everything.


I have more pictures posted on flickr if you want to see them. I think the ice is SOOO beautiful, but of course it is hazardous for the trees and shrubs.

The sun is warm enough to start melting the ice, even though it is only 23 degrees.

We had company this morning - the next door neighbors DOG came over to eat the frozen bread we threw out for the birds!

That couldn't have tasted very good!

TTFN and have a nice, warm, ice free Sunday!

Comments:
Ok - we are going to venture out for a little while. More later!
 
Hi, Karen--ahhh a blank page
Beautiful photos--but ice is very bad for trees. A lot of beautiful birches on the farm were destroyed in the big ice storm of [when, Peggy? Was it before you moved up there?]

I take it the spam Marcia wrote about disappeared before others looked at the site. Funny Heather thought Marcia was talking about her long blog. Glad you wrote it Heather; hope everything is ok. If my dr said no caffeine I would also say, just kill me now. But you have to do what you have to do. I'm sure grammy has told you her caffeine story.

Adding to movies (old of course) You've probably already seen it but it was on TV last night--Oh Brother Where Art Thou--George Clooney is his usual adorable self, and the music is fabwith stars familiar to Nashville.
Old hilarious movie, The Three Amigos.
 
No, I saw the spam Nancy. It was 3 paragraphs long...that's what I commented on. LOL!!!!!!!
 
Beautiful pictures, Karen! Worth braving the storm for the Robin, the snow covered birds nest and that fabulous shot of the sun shining through the tree branches! It was 8 below early on, then 8 above when we left for church, now it's 12 and has been sunny all day. I didn't see Heather's comment--are you giving up caffeine, Heather? 24 yrs for me as to coffee, but I have chocolate still, hopefully in moderation!

Nancy, the ice storm in Maine, Gil said was 1998!
 
I deleted the spam that was posted yesterday. Anytime I see it I get rid of it.

That means ANY COMMENT I DON'T LIKE I CAN DELETE... if I want to!

Ha!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?