Saturday, January 30, 2010

 

Day 1439 - Ice, Ice, Baby....

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

The snowstorm turned into an ice storm yesterday afternoon, soaking all the snow with rain, and refreezing as ice, ice, ice.

For those of you privvy to the address, you can look on my Flickr site for more photos.


The temperature is 24 degrees. It looks like the horses next door can walk on top of the ice, but it is hazardous to walk on it!

We are not planning to venture out anywhere until the sun has come out for a while - which we think will be tomorrow!

Charlie and I did go outside briefly to take pictures. The newspaper never arrived this morning.

I am steeping a nice quart of tea (half green tea, half Tazo Passion tea) as we speak, and we'll enjoy hanging out at home and doing whatever we want that is indoors!

Have a wonderful Saturday, whether it is 'On the Rocks or Straight Up!'

Ha! Pretty funny, there, girl...

Comments:
Thanks for the pictures, and we're glad you and Charlie are staying indoors! We're inside too but from the cold--10 below this am and now it's 7 above, also very windy! Not sure when it will warm up.
 
Another movie: Perfect Getaway, with Steve Zahn, a thriller. Another new release at the video store. Suspenseful.
 
We just watched the romantic comedy 'Over Her Dead Body' and enjoyed it!
 
We didn't get the ice, just the snow with sleet on top of it. I've been driving around in the Jeep all morning, didn't have any trouble.
 
Hey Joe! I knew you'd want to go out with your 4WD. I'm not ready to tackle that with all the ice around here!
 
Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA. Had a doctor's appt yesterday and am having some of the same heart palpitations that I had at the end of my pregnancy, so I got the extreme pleasure of wearing a heart monitor these past 24 hours. NOT FUN! Savi kept trying to pull off the stickers and pull on the wires...and it's all contained in a small pocketbook type of thing that you carry on your shoulder...and SLEEP with. I was up off an on all night trying to roll over without ripping out my cords. lol. It's finally off and I am free =) Hopefully wont have to do that again. Might have to take a beta blocker for a while, though. yuck. I'd blame it on work, but it started way before the 9-10 hr days came. I also have to switch to DECAF!!!!!!!!!! UGH, horrors. I told the doc he might as well just kill me now. He laughed. =)So why is decaf so much more expensive than regular????
 
Poor thing! I hope everything is all right.

Yes, I have always done better without caffeine than with, and I have no idea why decaf became more expensive than regular.

Try 8 o'clock's decaf, it is inexpensive and pretty good.
 
Wow, spam. How awful.
 
enormously LONG spam!! LOL!
 
I got rid of that spam! I have the power...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?