Friday, January 29, 2010

 

Day 1438 - Snow, snow, come out in the snow!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers!

It's Friday!

You know what to do- march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Snow Day! Fri-day! Snow Day!'

Yes, we are supposed to have a big snowstorm today - well, big for HERE. Here's a BIG snowman picture (not from here, off the internet).

Yes, schools are already closed, they announced the closings last night! I can imagine all the kids with their little faces pressed against the window asking 'Where is the snow?'

Yes, I went and bought milk and eggs yesterday, I didn't need any bread. If the weather looks iffy, I don't need to go out at all today.

I'll let you know later in the day if we actually GET any snow - you just never know around here.

Update at 5pm - YES - we are actually having a winter storm.

We have a few inches of snow so far, and it is sleeting or freezing raining at the moment. It is supposed to keep 'precipitating' until tomorrow sometime, so we'll see how it all ends up.

In the meantime, I have a big pot of soup bubbling on the stove, and Charlie and I are working on our tax returns. Doesn't that sound like fun?

TTFN, have a nice Friday, and a great weekend!


Comments:
Another movie I liked was "Taking Woodstock". And did you see "I Love You, Man"?
 
Thanks, Marcia. I didn't see either of them but I'll look them up.

Snow update - it started snowing here sometime around 10am. It is snowing hard and piling up already.

I am happy that it is snow rather than sleet. Current forecast for this area is for 4 inches!
 
The birds at the bird feeder are having a field day with the black oil sunflower seeds and suet.

The horses next door have snow on their backs, and they don't look too happy about it.
 
That could be Charlie beside the snowman. Maybe your weatherman is just hopeful for snow! Cold and windy this morning as we went to Auburn for a couple of errands--bought more maple syrup on the way back at W. Minot Slattery store. Ymmm! I almost forgot, Sam's Italian sandwiches for lunch. Brenda should be here any minute. It's still only 5 degrees! Loved that photo of Savi on yesterday's blog! You know our latest movies were "It's Complicated" and "The Blind Side". I want to see "Lovely Bones" now that Lyn has told me it is a good movie and book. I just finished the book "Charlie Wilson's War"--the story of the CIA backing of the mujahideen Afghan warriors' successful efforts to get the Russians out of their country (1979 to 1987 approx). Pretty interesting slice of history, and scary, too.

Have a good weekend everyone! Stay warm!
 
I was writing my comments while you were describing the snowstorm! The forecast came true!
 
Still snowing lightly -we have maybe 3 inches so far...
 
"Fun" should never be in the same sentence as "tax returns".

A few (old) movies: a favorite, very depressing but extremely enlightening, "El Norte". For very funny stupidity, "Dumb and Dumber " is the best, "40 year old virgin" and "Meet the Flockers" are great. And for hot romance, "Bull Durham," and heartwarming romance, "the Wedding Singer." My son's all time fave, "Happy Gilmore" is an absolute scream. For we kids of the 60's, "Animal House." Really old, hilarious humor, "Blazing Saddles."
I digress, but for GORGEOUS tv eye candy we've got the Mentalist star.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?