Tuesday, January 26, 2010

 

Day 1435 - Tuesday Ramblings...


Greetings, Bloggy Ramblers!

I used to HAVE a Rambler, by the way...

Why have I posted a picture of a reindeer this morning? Is Christmas coming back for another round?

Well - just a few snow flurries yesterday (it is 29 degrees right now) and my brain has gone back to Christmas mode.

I dreamed last night that Santa had a new reindeer, and the poor things name was 'GONER' - (not to be confused with Donner). I wouldn't say much for his destiny, being a Goner and all.

Changing subjects to another rambling...

It seemed odd to me the other morning when I pulled up next to a delivery truck owned by Cape Cod potato chips! I kind of expected to see some seagulls around it.

Here I am in Franklin, Tennessee, with a Cape Cod potato chip company delivering Yankee potato chips everywhere... Are products like that diluting the Southern lifestyle? I'll bet they aren't even fried in LARD.

I was remarking the other day how many food options have changed in the years I have been living here. I can get Linguica and Chourico here. I can get excellent, chewy breads and bagels here. Great seafood is still a challenge, but I can get good oysters and cajun food here.

TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
That reindeer would be a "goner" if Charlie spotted it with his bow and arrow.

I think Nashville area is great and has a lot that even yankees would like. It does not have an ocean however; a fatal flaw!!
 
I guess Cape Cod potato chips in Franklin is another example of expanding the variety of ethnic foods! And chourico and linguici--what will be next? Do you have to spell it to eat it? I hope not! In honor of the Saints we had red beans and rice last night--"authentic New Orleans recipe" by a company with the name of VIGO. No idea where I bought it, but it was yummy! Enough for 4, so today we're eating the remainder for lunch, plus a half sandwich made with macaroni and cheese loaf---a little bland with the spice.

I like the buck but bring back little Karen and little Savi!
 
Whoops, sorry--a raindeer, not a buck! And linguica, not linguici.
 
You can even get DUNKIN DONUTS THERE!!! lol!

Hi all! as always, it's a busy week. I'll check in when I can. xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?