Monday, January 18, 2010

 

Day 1427 - Monday - or - Moanday...


Greetings, Monday Morning Blah-gers!

Yes, it's Monday - but lots of people have today off for King Day. I won't complain too much.

MLK's birthday was actually the day after my birthday, if you don't already know.

Taking a break from MY childhood photos, here is a cute photo of Miss Savannah, rock-in' out.

I don't think those are even real rocks, are they? Maybe they are lighter than rocks, and not quite as dangerous if you bop someone on the head with them...

Even so - it must be lots of fun for the kids to pick up the faux rocks and pile them into the dump trucks.

When we were in Maine, I showed Savannah how I could pick up rocks and drop them into puddles. She picked it up right away.

Of course, it was way too cold and way too dirty to do that for very long, but she enjoyed it. And she walked right INTO the puddles, where I stopped at the edge.

Changing subjects... Guess what I did to keep myself from writing the wrong year on my checks?

I got a debit card and stopped USING checks. Ha! Sad but true.

TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
Hi Karen, Your blog is always so entertaining to read, and the pictures of Savi at the Children's Museum are great! Tonight we're going to Morgan's basketball game. I guess they have won most of their games. We never did go to the movies last night--the one day Gil actually felt like going to a movie. We watched the Golden Globe awards so I have a list of movies that sound interesting. Lyn told me this morning that the "bones" one is good, and last night Rob't Downey, Jr. rec'd an award for "Sherlock Holmes"--both of these movies are here at our local cinema. We'll try again! Hope all went well at your med appmt. Special thoughts and prayers for you today!
 
Peggy, the "Lovely Bones" was a best seller that I wanted to read but never got around to it. Should I read the book and then see the movie, or acknowledge I won't read the book and just see the movie? This is past history but the "Prince of Tides" is a movie (1991) which did not do justice at all to the book (Pat Conroy, 1987) which was riveting.
 
Nancy - go see the movie, then if you like it, read the book and get MORE of it!

-k
 
Karen, but then you know what's going to happen! I like to be surprised.
 
Hi Nancy and Karen, Morgan's team won 42 to 18. Morgan got 4 points in the first minute of play, but didn't get to play much after the first quarter as the 2nd string came in to substitute as the other team was not getting many points. Thanks for the info about "Lovely Bones" and "Prince of Tides", the book and the movie. I did see the latter many years ago.

Happy you called, Karen!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?