Sunday, January 17, 2010

 

Day 1426 - Sunday already??


Greetings, Blogregation!

As seen on a church sign - 'Gods retirement is out of this world'.

Here is another favorite childhood picture - I am on the left, and my sister on the right.

Her sweater is so cute! I want one! Somebody find me a fuzzy, lambie-type, cotton ball hoodie that zips, please.

We are on a boat trip in Maine, Maine, Maine, but I don't remember where we were headed.

Please note the saltine cracker (or maybe bread)in my hand. I was a very carsick and boatsick kid and salty snacks went along with me on every trip.

I have had a wonderful visit with CD, and we'll be off to the airport later this morning. We bought out Harry and David yesterday at Opry Mills.

Harry and David in Cool Springs is having 50% off their clearance prices this weekend (I can hear people running out to their cars).

We bought every box they had of dark chocolate covered bing cherries (in a Christmas box), and indulged in a baked, pastry-covered brie cheese with artichokes, tomatoes and onions when we got home. It was absolutely delicious, and would have cost $15 but was $3 on clearance! Decadent...

Well - have a nice Sunday everyone! TTFN!

Comments:
I love that picture too! I hope Lyn reads the blog today. You two are just the cutest children! It makes marrying your father worthwhile! Karen, that baked brie sounds just delicious! You and CD know how to live! I don't know what planet I'm from, but I really do not care for chocolate covered cherries! We're not going up to Mary Ann's for pizza tonight as she is entertaining 20 members of Morgan's basketball team all of whom are staying overnight (now that's a full house!), so we're going to see the "Eli" movie, then have individual pizzas at Pizza Hut.

Best of luck and prayers tomorrow, Karen, at your med appmt.
 
Karen, I love chocolate covered cherries. One of my favorites. I think it's partly because a relative gave us those at Christmas (one of our very few gifts)and I have that Christmas memory attached. (we did not have candy or chocolates in our house).
 
I'm with you Grammy...not a fan of chocolate covered cherries. Yuck.
I took Savi, Jen & Jen's Mom out for ice cream today. It was YUMMY! Savi had her very own cup and ate the whole thing herself. Sue took a few pics that I'll try to get copies of. cute ^-^

Glad you had a fun weekend! Good luck tomorrow. xoxox
 
We decided not to see the "Eli" movie, after reading the write up about it in latest New Yorker (Nancy just wrote me about the review). I didn't realize it had so much violence, and no redeeming qualities that I can see from the critic. So we'll watch some football and still go to Pizza Hut.

So good to hear from Heather and Savi, and ice cream!
 
I love cherries, period.

I like seeing pictures from your childhood, keep it up.
 
Let me clarify - these are dark chocolate covered dried bing cherries, and they have no gooey stuff around them like the chocolate covered cherries everyone else is thinking of.

They are absolutely delicious, reminiscent of chocolate covered dried cranberries...

Is that better?

Mom - you probably wouldn't like the Book of Eli, but I did.
 
YES, THAT IS MUCH BETTER! YUM!
 
No it's not better. I love the gooey ones. I still like the bing cherries you described, and want to eat some of yours in May so save a box for us!
 
Chocolate covered dried bing cherries---Ymmmm, I've had those!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?