Saturday, January 16, 2010

 

Day 1425 - Happy Birthday Plus Two!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Yes, it's ME, ME, ME again - older still, demonstrating my vast expertise in the bubble making realm.

Thank you, thank you very much, says Elvis...

Behind me is my grandparents cottage in Maine.

Seeing it reminds me of things like blueberry pancakes and chocolate donuts and soft boiled eggs in little plastic egg cups for breakfast. Also, the smell of pine trees and the ocean.

I'd better change subjects or I'll fall back into childhood memories for far too long.

We went to opening day of 'The Book of Eli' yesterday - I liked it. I'd give it maybe 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Then we came home and Netflix had delivered another Denzel Washington movie named 'Deja Vu'. I'd give that one only 3 stars at most, because the concept is pretty complex.

What are YOU doing this weekend?

Feel free to comment on the blog and let us know. TTFN!

Comments:
I haven't seen that picture for a long time--nice, Karen! You were always photogenic! Do you think we would like the Eli movie? I haven't read enough about it to judge. We're hanging around the house today, then we'll go to the dance tonight at the Legion Hall. I'm sure you are enjoying Cheryl's visit. I spoke with Marcia's Kelly this morning to tell him we had a nice thank you note from Loretta, and he asked if I had spoken to you recently, so I gave him an update on how you are doing. He just got back after 8 day trip to FL with his father and brother, helping his Dad fix up his Fl house.
 
I like your dress in that picture. I can smell the pines, too when I think of that house, and blueberry muffins, and listening to the foghorn when we were falling asleep. The creaky swings. The hummingbirds in the garden.
 
A few more things about Grammies...

The cute little chipmunks in the garden.

The trash incinerator (a metal tube with holes in it) my grandmother would burn rubbish in.

The huge sun hats my grandmother would wear on our LONG treks(not really) to the beach.

Attempting to scrape off pine pitch on your skin...
 
Beautiful memories of FB, girls!! Of course, growing up in Maine I am very familiar with pine pitch and of course the farm is surrounded by thousands of pine trees. No foghorns and ocean in WParis, though.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?