Wednesday, January 06, 2010

 

Day 1417 - Get the milk and bread at all costs!

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Savannah doesn't look too pleased in this Christmas photo - I think it's hilarious!

Speaking of Christmas - I FINALLY started taking Christmas stuff down yesterday, after procrastinating as long as possible.

Christmas towels, blankets, pillows - put away.

Christmas mantle decorations - put away.

Christmas tree and lights - on the to-do list.

It is SEVEN degrees here this morning, and the forecast for tomorrow is snow - our first snow of the year.

That means I MUST get to the grocery store (which I have been postponing for days). I can finally see some real estate on the refrigerator shelves after weeks of overstuffing the fridge during the holidays.

It is WEDNESDAY, which is senior citizen shopping day around here - which is an extra added attraction at the grocery store - hope I don't get run down.

Have a great Wednesday everyone, and don't forget milk and bread! TTFN!

Comments:
7 degrees, I can't believe it! 20 degrees here around 9am. Your supermarkets will be packed today with snow in the forecast! I think I told you we ended up with only 14" of snow over a 4-day period from New Year's eve through Sunday. Gil thought we got off pretty easy. You'll miss all of those decorations, but your den will seem very large again. I always love those serious looks on Savi's face! Wish I knew what she was thinking!

Mary Ann and Doug are coming for supper tonight: glazed ham with raisin sauce, mashed potatoes, buttercup squash, peas, "good salad", rolls, and for dessert cherry cheesecake pie in chocolate pie shell (the one I made for Christmas--Karen and Lyn, you have the recipe, I believe). Should be a nice visit and a good meal, too!
 
Wow, it's about 30 here.
 
HUGE NEWSFLASH - MY CHRISTMAS TREE HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN AND PUT AWAY. PLEASE ALERT CNN AND HNN NEWS
 
P.S. - I got the bread and milk at the grocery store - $120 worth.

Yipes... it HAD been a while since I went to the grocery store...
 
In the 50's here but chilly as there is a damp wind with a bite since we are a coastal city. I did wear an actual coat today as opposed to a jacket.
I love the photo of Savi! She's thinking, ok what's the next excitement?
I still have the Maine wreath on my door that Peggy & Gil sent, but's it's pretty dry as it's indoors.
 
I went to the market today too! No milk OR bread, but $100.00 worth of other stuff. =)

Yes, Savi was not too thrilled with me when I took that picture. It was late and she really wanted to go to bed, but we had to go to Michelle's for Xmas eve dinner.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?