Friday, January 01, 2010

 

Day 1412 - January 1st, 2010!


Greetings, Bloggy 2010-ers!

I love this photo - I am sure a lot of people feel like that this morning - but not US.

How were your festivities last night?

We met Buddy Joe at the Mellow Mushroom pizza place in Franklin, and had an awesome late lunch/early dinner.

I had spinach, pepperoni and cheese calzone - and it was absolutely outstanding.

You might not be able to read this if you have a hangover, but Buddy Joe ordered a cheese, onion, anchovy and PINEAPPLE pizza. And finished the whole thing. OMIGOSH.

Charlie ordered the house special pizza, which had a bit of everything on it. He also polished it off.

We then came back to the house, I made a cherry crunch dessert, and we watched football, had some snacks, and ALMOST made it till midnight. Charlie was the only one awake at 12 watching the Twilight Zone marathon in bed.

This morning - we got up bright and early at 7am, and went to the Cracker Barrel restauarant for breakfast. Another outstanding meal. If I describe ALL the food I will run out of room - suffice it to say that we had grits, biscuits, gravy, ham, sausage, bacon, fried apples, eggs, and MORE.

I may have mentioned that a Southern tradition is to have black eyed peas and hog jowl on New Years Day for good luck in the coming year.

Can you believe that Cracker Barrel served us a small portion with each of our breakfasts this morning? Good job, Cracker Barrel!

Happy New Year, Everyone - enjoy the day off and the coming weekend! TTFN!

Comments:
Happy New Year everyone! It feels good to welcome the new year and say goodbye to 2009. Too much in 2009 to deal with--may 2010 be happier and healthier for us all (especially for our dear Karen!) We went to a local restaurant--Gil, myself, and Mary Ann--the ladies had scallops florentine which included a delicious sauce and thin dumplings like our mother used to make, and Gil had steak. We all had dessert--mine was a parfait of vanilla ice cream and creme de menthe. Yum! Later, Debi picked Mary Ann up to go to Buckfield where Phoenix was playing with a band (sorry,don't know the name of the band). Gil and I stayed up until midnight, had a kiss, and somehow missed seeing the ball drop in Times Square! We were asleep when Mary Ann came to pick up her Jeep.

Yesterday I made cinnamon buns from scratch and had these for breakfast with bacon and scambled eggs. The eggs had chopped green pepper frozen from Gil's own pepper plants.

Today it's relax and watch the Tournament of Roses, while outside it continues to snow!
 
Happy New Year all! It's 2010! Another decade bites the dust. Anyone get a look at the blue moon? It was too crummy here to SEE the moon. Oh well. We are just hanging out today...and the rest of the weekend too. No big plans. Still recovering from Xmas. =)
 
I've been so lazy today that I am just getting around to putting in a wash!

I guess that's my first big project of the new year - laundry... Ha!
 
Yes, we saw the blue moon, but on Wed night, not last night. We were supposed to get a lot of snow but so far just a couple of inches yesterday afternoon, and another 2" today. Tomorrow afternoon and Sunday more snow, but no real predictions of how much.
 
****NO BLOG TODAY!! =( ****
Just got a text from Mom that their computer has a virus, so she wont be posting today. Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!!
 
I just read Heather's comment "no blog today". Sorry about your virus, Karen. I actually rec'd an email today that I deleted after a warming came up as containing a virus. I then sent a separate email to my friend telling her of this. It was an email sent from a series of people to my friend in Mass.
 
Steve and I had pizza from Mello Mushroom in AL, I will say this about it: I have never been able to eat more than 1 piece because it is so rich. Great place and really fun.
Sorry your computer has a virus...
Oh one more thing, about the black eyed peas for the New Year, on TV in AL was a community leader who was cooking up a dinner for the poor, and his comment about the food was "I believe in the black eyed peas." I thought it was a strange expression. Must be something about the New Year tradition.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?