Monday, December 28, 2009

 

Day 1408 - Monday, Monday...


Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

Here's a picture of our snow angel, Savi - with a fistful of snow.

Yes, I did listen to Christmas CDs yesterday, and I enjoyed them!

For many people, it's back to business as usual today.

Christmas memories are just triggered by the astronomical credit card bills coming in, and whatever Christmas remnants are left in the fridge. Boo Hoo!

No more parties at work, no more tins of candy and cookies around the office (unless people bring in leftovers, which is sometimes the case).

Before he retired, Charlie used to get a big box of baklava and other Mediterranean pastries each Christmas from a vendor.

One of his colleagues would bring in apple cakes that his wife had made for gifts.

Well, we didn't really need anything else to EAT this Christmas - we haven't even finished what we have! We have TWO slices of pie left from the ones TY and SY brought over - one slice of chess pie, and one slice of pecan pie. They are amazing.

My tenderloin roast is just about gone, maybe a couple slices left. Still have some chips and dip, but the supply is waning. I made ham salad yesterday with some of the leftover ham - we still have more ham!

And last but not least - the tree and decorations are still up. Not touching those till next weekend.

Have a nice Monday and TTFN!

Comments:
Such a cute photo-where did you get that outfit, Heather? It's fabulous.

I have a quart of eggnog left over because I was sick and milk and alcohol (!! how awful) aren't agreeing with me right now.
 
Savi is my favorite snow angel! You are better, I hope, Nancy! And Karen, I'll wait to hear later how your Monday progressed. We're eating left over pork roast--pork roast and gravy over toast for lunch this noon as Brenda joins us for lunch, other wise might have had that for supper. cherry cheesecake pie in a chocolate crust is long gone. Chocolates are being rationed. I haven't looked at flickr yet to see more Savi and Heather photos, but will before the day is out.
 
Nancy, I found the snowsuit on Ebay...that's where I find all the good outfits =)

Mom, just got your text, glad all went well! Another super long, late day. almost time for bed! xoxoxo
 
I did it--found Savi on YouTube--fun trampoline--I expect we'll see her doing flips on it before too long--
 
Funny - milk and alcohol don't agree with ME right now either! Could it be sympathy symptoms? That eggnog should keep for awhile, or bring it into work!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?